SmartMi Humidifier 2 - Issue

Does anyone have a SmartMi Humidifier 2? I just got this thing a month ago and it had been working great. Then in last 2 weeks I noticed the water level sensor kept telling me it was running low. When in fact it was not low. Then out of no where yesterday I noticed the tank said full when it was not. I took the top off and it kept running (which its not supposed to). It seems the sensor is just broke and the top part that connects to the tub thinks its 100% connected all the time with a full water level. I contacted Gear Best to see if they can RMA it. We’ll see how that goes but I was curious if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Thanks!

How did this story end? My displays all the time 3 bars, but in the mi home app it says it has no water

Same here. Same story. I just use it to turn it on and off. No sensors except temp and humidity work. Water level always says full.

Mine suddenly started indicating an empty tank regardless of actual level. I detached the water sensor and the electrodes were covered with the same gross biofilm that grows on the discs over time. Using an old toothbrush and soapy water, I gently cleaned the electrodes, reinstalled the sensor and everything went back to normal. Some people seem to also have minerals deposits accumulate on there. Using a mildly acidic solution like vinegar or diluted citric acid might be helpful in that case.

Detaching the sensor: Чистка датчика уровня воды. Увлажнитель воздуха Xiaomi Smartmi Air Humidifier 2 - YouTube

I wish I could have found this video or method back then. I have since thrown the unit out. But to be honest and to your point, the growth of bacteria on the discs was enough for me to say I’d rather go with a standard on/off unit and put a smart plug on it. Much easier to clean and since most are a dime/dozen these days I feel better about the investment.

Distilled or regular tap water can be used in your humidifier. Some tap water is high in mineral content and will cause a mineral build-up, so distilled water is preferred.