[Solved] [Q] Issue with case sensitive Telegram bot component

After updating to.86 my telegram bot did stop responding to me. After doublechecking everything I noticed that the issue happens due to partial case sensitivity in HA.

My automation looks like this:

action:

• service_template: notify.{{ trigger.event.data[“from_first”] }}_telegram

What it does is take the first name that I set in telegram and use it in my notification platform, where I have my family setup, each with their own notify. Until now HA took my name from telegram in all-small-letter format, even though my name is written with the first key as capital. That way
notify.name_telegram
worked.
Now what happens is that HA picks up the name with it’s capital letter, BUT the config.yaml is read in all-small-letters only! The name does not match up and the action does not run. That means I have to set my name in telegram in all small letters for it to work.

Question: Is it possible to convert a word (name) in all-small-letters? Just like it did before? I want my name propperly written in Telegram. Also my bot should react to my commands as it did before.

Does this work…

service_template: "notify.{{ trigger.event.data['from_first'] | lower }}_telegram" 

?

1 Like

Yes, thank you it worked out of the box!

1 Like