Some test results: Supported Mobile Browsers by Homeasssistant Version

I recently test updated to the latest version(s) of Homeassistant compatible with my servers and found that they didn’t support the browsers on a few of the old devices that we have knocking about. From https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/frontend/browsers/ I wasn’t expecting any issues, but in case it helps anyone else, here are the results of the specific tests I ran. Running dual versions 0.81.1/0.112.4 on two devices gives the best of both worlds, at least until the legacy iphones and winphones in use are finally turned off.

HomeAssistant Version 0.81.1 0.96.5 0.112.4
Armbian Kernel 4.19.62 4.19.62 5.4.45
(stretch) (buster)
Python Version 3.5.3 3.5.3 3.7.3
My Integrations work Yes No Yes

UI compatibility
Safari on >Iphone3gs Yes Yes No
Firefox on >Android 4.4 Yes Yes Yes
Edge on WinPhone >10 Yes Yes No
Edge non chromium win10 Yes Yes No
Firefox Win10/Ubuntu Yes Yes Yes

2 Likes

Hope you don’t mind, I made it a little easier to read your results.

Supported Mobile Browsers by Homeasssistant Version

UI compatibility 0.81.1 0.96.5 0.112.4
Safari on > Iphone3gs :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :x:
Firefox on > Android 4.4 :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
Edge on WinPhone > 10 :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :x:
Edge non chromium win10 :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :x:
Firefox Win10/Ubuntu :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
My Integrations work :heavy_check_mark: :x: :heavy_check_mark:
Armbian Kernel (1) 4.19.62 4.19.62 5.4.45
Python Version 3.5.3 3.5.3 3.7.3

(1): stretch, buster.

much better, thanks!