Overkiz API and Somfy API

I run these 100% as automation using scenes. Every morning 6:45 i open all covers. Every evening at 22:00 i close them. Weekend 8:00, 22:00

Thats it. Both times do not work anymore.

I also have shading automations in place based on light sensors, unfortunately not available through the new Somfy API.

I’ve contacted the Somfy Support to understand where this issue comes from. @ikewestbrook did you change the poll frequency?

Thanks for contacting them. I did not do any changes to the automations in the last days. Just added a 60 second delay between scenes as part of the automations, to ensure that not more than 10 covers are handled at the same time.

It looks like many people are facing issues with ‘Bad Credentials’. In case you have issues at the moment, it would be good to understand the update interval set via integrations -> options and all entries in your log (with debug mode on).
You can post it in the following issue: https://github.com/iMicknl/ha-tahoma/issues/278

A quick update; we just created a pull request to add the first part of the new Somfy TaHoma integration which uses the unofficial API. Hopefully it will be in the next Home Assistant version.
(and leave us a thumbs up / heart if you are waiting for this integration to be merged :wink: )

Any features you are still missing in the Somfy TaHoma integration? Let us know on GitHub.

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m using this integration (Somfy - Home Assistant) with official Tahoma API and today I received following email:

Subject: TaHoma API usage warning

Warning on the way you use the TaHoma API
Dear customer,

In an ongoing effort to provide the best services to our users, we monitor the traffic generated by our applications and Smart Home boxes (TaHoma and Connexoon). It appears that you are using a third-party solution, either developed by yourself or provided by an external entity (developer or community of developers not working for Somfy). Such developments are made without our willingness and, sometimes, do not respect our usage guidelines.

We are contacting you today to update the way your script or your application behaves with our API as it is overconsuming our backend resources for your own installation. To do so, please contact the provider of your solution or update your code by October 31st.

We are asking all third-party scripts or application to reduce their polling activity on our API. In particular, the GET /setup endpoint is meant to be used once and only once by end-user session and not to regularly refresh the devices data.

As we do not want every TaHoma and Connexoon users be impacted by the overuse of some individuals, we will react in the coming months and set up rate limiters and automated bans if such changes are not applied.

Thank you for your understanding.

Only thing in my config is client_id and client_secret, apart from that I didn’t change anything. Would it please be possible to make the integration compliant with the new API or is it something wrong on my side?

Thank you and have a nice day

I have 9 covers and a tahoma box. I use the official home assistant integration from 0.95 version of core. Today i recived an email from Somfy with subject “TaHoma API usage warning” with the following text:

Dear customer,

In an ongoing effort to provide the best services to our users, we monitor the traffic generated by our applications and Smart Home boxes (TaHoma and Connexoon). It appears that you are using a third-party solution, either developed by yourself or provided by an external entity (developer or community of developers not working for Somfy). Such developments are made without our willingness and, sometimes, do not respect our usage guidelines.

We are contacting you today to update the way your script or your application behaves with our API as it is overconsuming our backend resources for your own installation. To do so, please contact the provider of your solution or update your code by October 31st.

We are asking all third-party scripts or application to reduce their polling activity on our API. In particular, the GET /setup endpoint is meant to be used once and only once by end-user session and not to regularly refresh the devices data.

As we do not want every TaHoma and Connexoon users be impacted by the overuse of some individuals, we will react in the coming months and set up rate limiters and automated bans if such changes are not applied.

Thank you for your understanding.

What happen? What can I do to prevent the integration from stopping after October 31st?

@dodvarko could you double check if you are using the Somfy integration or the Somfy TaHoma integration in Home Assistant?

@gabriele.manchi thanks for reporting! We are aware of this message by Somfy, and our response will be tracked here: https://github.com/iMicknl/ha-tahoma/issues/289.
We will soon bring out a new build with more debug options to understand in which situations we are overusing the Somfy TaHoma API.

1 Like

Just to let you know I also got the email…

me too:
I am on Home Assistant 0.112.4 in docker

Same here, just got the email.

I’m using the Somfy Integration

+1 more for the email

Also got the email :frowning:

I also got the email today and I’m using the official Somfy integration. But if I understand correctly it doesn’t matter which component you use, but each one requests too much api calls.

Is there no way to connect to a connexoon locally, without using the somfy api? Or is the connexoon also using the api, but at less frequent usage?

Also got the email

Hi all,

the message you received is really confusing. Indeed the Somfy component (not Tahoma) use the official API and their is no /serup entry point. On their documentation, no where I can see something about such limitation.

Can you please double check you are not using another Tahoma integration, for instance with Homebridge?

On my side I will again contact their support.

Sadly their is no local API available. The only local solution is to use the Velux KLF 200 which have a local API.

Just using the official Somfy integration (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/somfy/).

Btw. looks like other home automation software has the same problems too. For example Homey (https://community.athom.com/t/somfy-tahoma-connexoon-v2-0-3-test-v2-0-6/35206/63).

The /setup endpoint is on their own Tahomalink website (https://www.tahomalink.com/enduser-mobile-web/enduserAPI/setup is called there at every logon action, not at most once a day…). The message we all received is just another show of the utter incompetence of Somfy to support their own product. I am so disappointed that I bought their products, however I am thankful that @tetienne, @imick and many more in making it way more useful than can be achieved with apps of Somfy themselves.