Overkiz API and Somfy API

Also got the email :frowning:

I also got the email today and I’m using the official Somfy integration. But if I understand correctly it doesn’t matter which component you use, but each one requests too much api calls.

Is there no way to connect to a connexoon locally, without using the somfy api? Or is the connexoon also using the api, but at less frequent usage?

Also got the email

Hi all,

the message you received is really confusing. Indeed the Somfy component (not Tahoma) use the official API and their is no /serup entry point. On their documentation, no where I can see something about such limitation.

Can you please double check you are not using another Tahoma integration, for instance with Homebridge?

On my side I will again contact their support.

Sadly their is no local API available. The only local solution is to use the Velux KLF 200 which have a local API.

Just using the official Somfy integration (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/somfy/).

Btw. looks like other home automation software has the same problems too. For example Homey (https://community.athom.com/t/somfy-tahoma-connexoon-v2-0-3-test-v2-0-6/35206/63).

The /setup endpoint is on their own Tahomalink website (https://www.tahomalink.com/enduser-mobile-web/enduserAPI/setup is called there at every logon action, not at most once a day…). The message we all received is just another show of the utter incompetence of Somfy to support their own product. I am so disappointed that I bought their products, however I am thankful that @tetienne, @imick and many more in making it way more useful than can be achieved with apps of Somfy themselves.

Maybe we should all replace Somfy with some better option and collectively send all the rubbish back to them. :slight_smile:

That’s a lot of devices in your case :wink: .

In other news; we just released v2.3.4 with improved debug logging. Could you please update and run this integration with debug logging enabled. Run it for a while and please share your full log here (or via email, see profile).

Hello guys!
I was just wanted to check, I have IO roller shutters motors, so Im thinking to buy Somfy Tahoma.
Is it working? what if I loose the internet connection, if the API will still work locally? thanks!

Also, I found this thread…Tahoma Integration Refactored
Looks promising :slight_smile:

Hi, the Tahoma API is not local. So if you lose your internet connection HA won’t be able to control your cover. Look instead for the Velux KLF 200. It can control locally the IO devices and their is an HA connection.

Thanks for the info.
And can use Somfy Connexoon? I only need control for roller shutters and curtains.
You think that Velux KLF200 can integrate with SOmfy IO roller shutters?

So I have for now 3 options:

1. Somfy Tahoma - quite expensive controller around 260 euros
  2. Somfy Connexoon - middle range expensive something around 150 euros, but its somfy.
  3. Velux KLF200 - how it will comunicate with somfy IO motors - unknown for now…

Somfy is currently showing bad signs regarding the open source community. They gave a deadline to october 31st. I would wait a bit before buying into Somfy if your goal is to include it in your HA installation. Follow this thread and that one to be up to date with that issue.

I got an answer from the Somfy support:

I am preparing a more complete answer with the team to clarify as soon as possible.

So wait and see.

any idea why since few days i got an error on stop command ?
echec d'appel du service "cover/stop_cover". 'dict_items' object is not reversible

latest version on tahoma integration(hacs) and HA (0.116)

This is a bug indeed, could you create an issue on GitHub? Otherwise I will do that later today.

I will create this tonight :+1:

It’s create. thanks @imick

Hi all,

So I got an answer from the Somfy support. And the update is not really nice… To sum up the content of the email:

They expect from the 3rd party plugins to behave as the tahomalink UI. Meaning that we should use the API when the end-user truly needs it. The device states can be updated when the user is manually connected to the dashboards.

in our opinion (@iMicknl, @vlebourl and myself), the solution to limit the use to UI interactions just means the end of this integration in Home Assistant.

Hopefully, there is one positive sentence in this email:

If you don’t agree, please let me know what we could miss.

Well that’s not really good news…

But to be fair I rather have a limited working connection so that I can control and automate my covers through home assistant than when having this interface removed completely.

1 Like

With the information we have so far, complying to their request would mean sensors would be rendered useless as their state would only be retrieved when opening a Lovelace ui. Other devices could still be used though but only through human interaction via the UI as well. We really don’t want to fall that low, so we’re trying to negotiate a better solution. But there’s no guarantee…