Sonoff S26 regularly becoming unavailable

I have a brand new, recently flashed Sonoff S26 that is acting as a sensor light in my carport with a motion sensor as the trigger.

The switch is flashed with the most current 6.3.0 Tasmota, as are most of my other Sonoff devices including, Basics, POWs and TH’s. None of the other devices seem to have this issue. The switch has a WiFi strength of 60% on a Ubiquiti AP-AC-Lite.

The switch has been given a fixed IP through my Ubiquiti Router, and has also been given the IPAddress1 command in the console to assign a fixed IP.

The web interface also becomes unreachable often as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks in advance.

Sounds to me like WiFi signal… only explanation I can think of.

Not according to Unifi. It never disconnects.

So the wifi was good, but for some reason between 6 and 7 pm yesterday, it couldn’t connect to the broker?

It strikes me that is a good time for someone to be testing new things - such as adding a device with the same client_id which would cause this sort of failure. Or does it fail at other times?

Checking the broker’s log is probably a good idea.

check for interference, do you have any kinda bluetooth tracking running ?

Looks like maybe when you are out the house something is scanning for a signal, and its causing the sonoff to lose connection.

I had it with the Monitor/Presence script when it was in a default setting, once I changed it to only scan on triggers it minimised a lot of my interference problems.

It’s strange because the same issue is not happening with any other Sonoff’s, or any other devices on the network, just the S26 switches.

I placed a Sonoff Basic in the exact same location last night, same WiFi strength of between 55%-60% and had no issue with connectivity.

It seems an issue with S26 switches themselves. I’ve tried 3 now, all brand new in the box, flashed with 6.3 Tasmota, all have the same problem, even within 5-10 meters of my AP-AC-Lite and an almost clear line of sight.

Try flashing thelatest development version since 6.3.0 release had wifi issues.

Thanks for the pointer, I have flashed 6.3.0.17 now and will test for 24hrs and report back.

Seems every single version since 5.12 has had ‘wifi issues’. I have not had any issue with any version though including 6.3.0. Weird.

So far so good on 6.3.0.17. The S26 has stayed connected now for about 10hrs with no disconnections.

I do notice in TasmoAdmin that the switch now has a Sleep 50ms set, which may be going someway to helping perhaps.

Thanks again for pointing me to dev page @blakadder, 1 day and 10hrs of no dropouts. Seems just a firmware issue with S26 plugs and 6.3.0