Sonoff T1 - Beep then double beep and turns on

Hi

I currently have about 10 sonoff T1 devices installed and flashed with Tasmota 6.5.0

I am running the latest version of HA and Mosquitto mqtt. How ever randomly the devices will beep once and then beep again and then power on.

I have tried core 2.3.2 and 2.4.0 along the Tasmota 6.3 thought to 6.5 but issue continues.

Please help I am not sure what to do next. Logs on the device and mqtt show nothing out the ordinary.

In my Switch.yaml I use retain: false and follow the setup of the sonoff device following this tutorial - https://youtu.be/31IyfM1gygo

image|281x500

I have the same experience with my two T1 switches. So far, I did not find any solution…
What is funny, these two are located also in my main bathroom :slight_smile:

did you find a solution to this problem?
I too have the same problem with my T1 sonoff

The only solution for me was to pull out the switches and not use them.

I tried all sorts of changes:

• adding spaces between the glass case and main case
  • flushing with all sorts of versions of Tasmota and combinations and core versions.
  • setting button rebound etc…
  • cutting the RF receiver to eliminate mates RF interference

Sadly Nothing worked. The panels are buttons are just to sensitive. End result was to remove them all and not use them at all. If you ever find a solution that doesn’t require soldering and changing out parts on the board please let me know. Best of luck.

I do not have solution however there is possibility to workaround. You can use Httas with following configuration:

switch:
  - platform: httas  
    switches:
      socket:
        ip_address: 192.168.x.xx
        friendly_name: Bathroom
        follow_device: false  

Follow device as false means that it will ignore current state of Sonoff and push it back to the state of the switch. Of course you will lost possibility to switch on/off Sonoff manuallly.

I’m haivng the same problem with my T1 3 gang.
1 beep, then followed by 2 beeps. Then switch 2 turns on.

I’m pretty sure it’s not ghost switching

It’s as if it’s going into pairing mode

Yip. All of mine did it. It’s cause the touch plate is too sensitive causing it it beep , then double beep(pairing mode) and then switches on.

I pulled all of mine out and have replaced with Phillips hue.
No fix. It’s a shame as it’s nice looking and cheap.

Guess you get what you pay for.

Same thing here.

Anything new to try?

Has someone tried the new Sonoff wall switches?? https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-tx-series-wifi-smart-wall-switches.html

Thanks!

xref: https://support.itead.cc/support/discussions/topics/11000025142

I am having the same issue.
I have around 10 sonoff tasmotized switches. Firstly we hear a beep then double beep sound and after 1 or 2 seconds one of the light gets on/off.
Version used: 6.6 core version : 2.3

1 Like

It is a hardware problem. The workaround is to set ( from 6.6.0):
Backlog SetOption1 1; SetOption13 0; SetOption40 10
This will discard any button press over 1 second
The device still will beep.
It seems new TX switches don’t have this problem.

1 Like

Hi. I’m using sonoff T1EU2C with tasmota 8.1.0.2. I have tried everything, nothing was helping. This auto turn off/on stopped after connecting it to normal power (for me 230V). This problem was only created for me by using 3.3V.

1 Like

The real problem is that our entire home has Sonoff T1’s installed, probably over 30. 4 are doing this already, and the number is increasing every week.

The question is: If it is a hardware problem, why did it begin after 1 year of use and not earlier? The switches were fine and now more and more are doing this…

Is this maybe any hardware component degrading, or…?

Same issue, I have 3 double gang and 2 triple gang and 2 double and the two triple does the same.

One beep, a pause, two beeps… goes offline for a while and return back online.

And randomly turn one of the gangs… is terrible at the middle of the night the beeps and on the light…

I tried the RF remote control un pairing… and does not work…

Some times occurs 2 o 3 times during the day… and some others… none in 2 days…

I open a ticket eith itead… with no answer so far…

Are these No Neutral devices?

No they require neutral wire.

I only discovered no neutral switches this year, it was one of those turn world upside down moments as previously loving my smart home stuff and talking to people about it and having to tell them they will have to get a electrician out to rewire their walls was extremely off putting and kinda killed their enthusiasm.

My neighbour got his electrician to replace every switch in his house with No neutral switches, it is crazy how simply the system is coz you don’t need to replace the whole wall plate you just pop out the switch out of the wall plate and push in the new one and screw back on the wallplate takes about 2 mins per switch. Then all you have to do is bind it to the hub. I must say though he spent $3k (AUD) (pixie system) but so so simple and effective.

This is exactly my issue.

It it always is the same light that turns on as well on my 3 gang.

The beeping is completely random sometime I can go a day without hearing it and other times it can do it and then several mins later do it again.

I have google wifi in my house and one of the pucks is next to the switch so no problems with being out of wifi range.

I tasmota most of my sonoff gear, but on this one I chose to leave it with factory firmware.

Your a fool is you are thinking you are going to get any customer support from a Chinese company other than a poorly functioning chat bot.

1 Like

This is true.

The Sonoff T1 sucks badly. It beeps randomly.
I’ve ripped out the RF chip to no avail thinking it was the culprit.
Now I’ve removed the transistor that controls the beeper and now it doesn’t beep anymore, but ocasionally lights come on randomly.

The solution to this problem is to put something between the cover and the switch giving a space of about 1 or 2 millimeters. it worked for me. It seems that over time, pressing the switch or tightening the screws too much that deforms the switch causes the cover to be too close to the touch sensor causing it to hold and activating the RF pairing.

![20220910_090341|225x500]