While I was waiting for my zigbee devices to arrive from China. I went ahead and installed my Sonoff Zigbee. It took some time but I found it installed on:
ttyUSB0/dev/serial/by-id/usb-**ITead_Sonoff_Zigbee_3.0_USB_D**ongle_Plus_c0fdb3f54370ec118ab32c3519c2d21c-if00-port0 in Home Assistant 2003.1.6.
Then I had to replace my faulty TPLink router (192.168.0.1) with a new Ubiquiti Dream Router (192.168.1.1). Most of the clients were automatically transferred to the new network except Home Assistant. I had to restart the old TPLink network where HA still resided and change it’s ip from 192.168.0.75 to 192.168.1.75. HA seemed to work OK on the UDR network until I started to add clients to my Zigbee install.
The Sonoff Zigbee 3 USB Dongle plus had worked well in the TPLink network but could not be found when start Zigbee2mqtt on the UDR network. The previous address for the dongle was same as above.
This address is not in the hardware list now.
I started looking at the various logs and found that quite a few of the clients had errors which included the ip addresses of the form: 192.168.0.x. Apparently there are still references to the old network addresses that were not updated to the new system.
The new client ip addresses are correct but the old address are apparently still in other places in HA. I am not sure this is the cause of the dongle problem, but would like to correct the overall ip address issue.
I don’t know where to find the documentation to correct these issues.