Sonos does not work properly since 0.65

But at least it seems to work now

Hopefully fixed with version 0.65.5.

@amelchio I just updated to 0.65.5 and still not working. Sonos component loads but all of my speakers show idle. I can send commands but it doesn’t seem to read Sonos. The only other thing I can think of was I updated to the Sonos 8.5 beta today. It stopped working around the same time, thought it was the beta and so downgraded to the production 8.4 and still having issues. Ideas?

Edit: I seemed to have fixed it for now. Still having issues with it and Alexa but it’s back working in HA on 0.65.5

seems to work now with 0.65.5
thank you very much

You’re welcome … thanks for confirming.

I’m still having an issue with 65.5 trying to change sources. Specifically to the source named:
88.7 | WPR News & Classical (Public Radio)

Thanks. There is apparently a problem with the ampersand. I will get that fixed but you can make it work by just renaming the favorite to “WPR News/Classical”.

Found another issue.
If I change the source it changes it back and forward and will not stop

Does the right source play in the speaker?

It changes all the time. It tries to start the source but then it change to the other one

I have the same problem as deluxestyle

That got it for me. I suspected the ampersand, I just had no idea you could rename a favorite. Thank you!

I still have the “idle” issue.

i am on 0.65.5, just added 2 of my speakers using the following config:
media_player:

• platform: sonos
    hosts:
    • !secret sonos1
    • !secret sonos2

both media players show up fine, only the cards are not changing just staying “idle”

both players are on firmware 8.4.

Thanks,

FYI: I downgrade to 0.64.3 for a day, then upgraded to 0.65.5 and it’s working fine.

Mine started working again too. I think it was a combination of things. Upgrading to Python 3.6, my lack of virtual environment understanding, a break in early versions of 0.65 and then the latest Sonos beta. After pulling more hair out of my head, and some helpful friends here on the forum, it’s all back and working! :slight_smile: Thanks

@PostSven this means that Sonos cannot contact Home Assistant on TCP port 1400. That can for example be due to running a firewall, using different IP subnets or running HA in Docker without the --net=host setting.

1 Like

Sorry, I lost track of the reports in this thread. Please create new GitHub issues for any remaining problems, one separate issue for each problem.

@deluxestyle @gieljnssns I cannot see what happens in that GIF. Anyway, I tried installing “Superfly FM”, “Reggae141” and “B5 aktuell” and changing between them all works without issue for me. So I need more information to get that issue resolved.

As soon as I choose one source it starts to change it automatically back and forth. Without any input from my side

Well, it works for me (Hass.io on Pi 3) so you need to provide enough information that we can figure out how our setups are different.

thanks for the response @amelchio That makes sense, i am not running the HA docker with --net=host as i am using Traefik for sll.

Exposing port 1400 would not make much difference as the docker container is on a different subnet.