Speaker on a bluetooth or pc sounds from HASS

I think it could be nice to have HASS to tell what the clock is or play some music on some bluetooth or pc speakers.

Can someone give me som ideas, and how and what component should i use?

Greetings DK

Easiest way to do this would be to use connect a chromecast audio to whatever speaker you have and use the media_player component with that.

1 Like

So how can i tell hass, when the clock is 07:15, it should tell me that over the speaker with the chromecast audio plugged in?

Hass should tell me this “Hi DK the clock is 07:15 time to goto work”

Could i control the audio volume and what i want to play on my chromecast audio, like this youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApfCYzYTkg8

I don’t have a lot of experience using media player with HASS but it can be done and you can change the volume yes.

As for the automation you’d want to trigger it at 7:15. And have it use a TTS option (using google here but there are others) and point that at your media player.

- alias: Time for work
  trigger:
    - platform: time
      at: '07:15:00'
  action:
    - service: tts.google_say
      entity_id: media_player.chromecast_audio
      data:

Great solution, i will buy some chromecast audio and put in my speakers.

But do i need other parts for tts google to work properly?

No that’s all you need! Obviously you’ll need a wifi connection for them though :wink:

There is a seller on eBay selling them from China for about 50% off retail right now. Good deal.

I bought 2 x for 30 usd.

Lets wait 1 month and see if i can get it to work :slight_smile:

Lol yeah gotta love China! I’m never in a big rush though so it’s nice to save the money. Good luck!

1 Like

What is your setup?

Hardware wise? Let’s see

• 4 echo dots w/ speakers
  • 5 BRUH motion sensors
  • 2 z-wave motion sensors
  • 2 z-wave door/window sensors
  • 2 z-wave switches
  • 1 z-wave outlet
  • ~25 hue white
  • 4 hue color
  • Android/iphone acting as IP cams
  • Plex server
  • Hyperion LED’s for TV
  • Xiaomi Vaccum
  • Ecobee 3

I think that about sums it up. Hopefully that’s what you were asking haha I’d like to get some locks next as well as a couple chromecast aduios

Iphone as your cam setup?
Go hikvision :slight_smile:

Haha yeah :grin: at some point I’ll be replacing them with real cams… The 2 I have work and were free so for now it’s okay!

1 Like

Though I would really like to get facial recognition going in my entryway so a better camera is probably going to need to come first…