Spotify Playlist on Google Home

Hi,
I integrated Spotify into HA (I can see the name and artwork if the song being played) but I am having some difficulty to make an automation to start playing a playlist. Can someone kindly show me a basic config how this is done?

Adding my code (I am trigger the automation by using the trigger button … but I am getting is a single beep on the speaker)

- id: '1575291428570'
  alias: Stream Test - Spotify
  description: Stream Test - Spotify
  trigger: []
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      entity_id: media_player.openplanspeaker
      volume_level: 0.3
    service: media_player.volume_set
  - data:
      media_content_id: spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DXcBWIGoYBM5M
      media_content_type: playlist
    entity_id: media_player.openplanspeaker
    service: media_player.play_media

I have the same problem.
I try to use media_content_id to send playlist to spotify but it doesn’t work
Please share your working config

Same problem here. Any news about this?

Same here… been scratching my head with this :frowning:

I’ll also chime in with my hope that this might work, but doesn’t for me.
I’m just trying to call the service in Developer Tools. I’ve copied a URL from a playlist - which looks similar to the original post.
I hear the sound (Google Cast) on my device) and see the following in my log, but no playing happens:
[pychromecast.controllers] Receiver:Launching app CC1AD845
Thanks in advance…

To play Spotify playlist on Google Home, it needs to do one more thing first. As Spotify music files are with protection, then it is needed to convert them to plain audio files before using. And to do that, you could use the tool DRmare Spotify Playlist Downloader Mac or DRmare Audio Capture to help you. Then you will get the common Spotify audios and can be used on Google Home without any limit.

Hi @kassie - The Google Home can play Spotify just fine “normally”, so I’m not sure why the playlist would need to contain non-DRM files in order to be invoked via HA when you can invoke it via voice, "Hey Google, play " without problem.

I have heard of another similar software from Audfree that can help users download Spotify to MP3. I am quite interested. Have you tried it?

Try this: GitHub - fondberg/spotcast: Home assistant custom component to start Spotify playback on an idle chromecast device