Start automations with RFXtrx 433 devices

Got HA installed oke, and I can find my zigbee and zwave devices. But RFX switches are found, but I can’t start an automation with it because there is no device ID. I try to solve it with the entity_ID, but that doesn’t work. Anyone got some tips how I can get this thing working?

The nicest thing would be when I can select it from the devices just as the Zwave and Zigbee switches, but guess that that is not possible.

I tried the script below, but not working (error message while starting up)

'automation:

• alias: Tuinverlichten
    trigger:
  • device_id: 005f8e482a6f4cc8961f400989d41647
    domain: switch
    entity_id: switch.fibaro_system_fgs221_double_relay_switch_2x1_5kw_switch_2
    platform: device
    type: turned_on
    action:
    • service: switch.turn_on
      entity_id: switch.rfxbuiten’

You have to define them in switch.yaml… example from my installation (you can discover them with “automatic_add: true” to find their id (that’s what you did obviously):

#
# rfxtrx
#
  - platform: rfxtrx
    automatic_add: false
    devices:
        "0b110000002f1ca60b010f70":
          name: Chambre Parents
        "0b1100000142d43e04010f70":
          name: Camera Terrasse

The name in the examples above to use in automations are: switch.chambre_parents and switch.camera_terrasse…

Did you look at the following documentation (you have some examples of automations as well) ?

Whar are you trying to do with your automation ?

Example:

- alias: action_when_ha_start
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
    - platform: homeassistant
      event: start
  action:
    - service: switch.turn_on
      data:
         entity_id: switch.camera_terrasse

I was able to see them as a switch, but I would like to create an automation that does:

1. When I click on a Fibaro Zwave switch
  2. The RFX switch should go on.

Between zigbee and zwave this works perfect, but in automations I can’t select the RFX devices.

I have the same issue (I have a bunch of equiment “without names”).
When developping my automations, I do not use this GUI interface… I write it directly from the terminal by editing the automation.yaml file…

Oke, will try that once again… what do you use for ID (first line in script below)? (or is that not an necassary line?)

With the script below still getting error message in automation file

• id: ‘1585060232858’
    alias: Nieuwe automatisering
    description: ‘’
    trigger:
    • device_id: 005f8e482a6f4cc8961f400989d41647
      domain: switch
      entity_id: switch.fibaro_system_fgs221_double_relay_switch_2x1_5kw_switch_2
      platform: device
      type: turned_on
      condition: []
      action:
      entity_id: switch.rfxbuiten
      type: turn_on

Sorry for the delayed answer… I am not using “id” in writing automations… Just aliases… Alias, trigger conditions if any and than actions… So it is quite easy unless you start to use templating, then it is becoming less easy but the development tools (template) is helping to verify the template.