Stream shows old footage

Hi there

I was checking out the new stream feature of HA and managed to use it with my hacked Dafang Cam. It all works fine every time a restart HA but the second or all the next times I check the streaming of the camera always shows me the time range I first checked the first time and eventually stops showing footage.

Btw, it only affects streaming as the still image keeps updating regularly.

Does anyone have the same issue? Any ideas?

Thx

I’m having the same issue. Picture entity shows old stream footage, and when I load the stream it only plays 11 seconds of old footage. Using reolink cameras.

Have you found any solutions?

Did you ever figure this out? Happens to me on one of my cameras, but not the others. Video is stuck in a 10 second loop from last night.

I just experienced the same thing and in my instance it seemed to have been a bandwidth issue. Here’s how I solved it:

1. I disabled the stream component
  2. I prioritized the cams in my router settings (giving them 500kbps bandwidth, I have a Linksys WRT1900AC)

After restarting hassio it all worked fine (i.e. respective picture glance cards updating at about 15s intervals and footages are synced when clicked).

Here’s my config lines:

- platform: ffmpeg
  name: Cam
  input: rtsp://user:[email protected]/live

I hope this helps

I now have the same problem with HA running as a VM on my Synology. This Synology has 5 camera’s attached and when I reboot HA it shows the stream correctly but after a while it gets stuck in a loop of old footage. All camera’s get stuck at the same point in time.
I have a quite powerful nas (DS1621+) and a Unifi network so I don’t see what the problem is…

EDIT: reloading the Synology integration seems to fix the problem temporarily. So my guess is that some form of authentication for the stream becomes invalid and HA shows what it received last (I have stream preloading on). But that is only a guess.

1 Like