Sudden Asuswrt invalid config

All of a sudden I am seeing this (again), for no obvious reason… Anyone else seeing this?

No changes on the router or network, all firmware is up to date, and no change in the config. It is the exact same as on another setup I use, where no such error appears.

2019-05-29 21:59:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component asuswrt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 153, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/asuswrt/__init__.py", line 55, in async_setup
    await api.connection.async_connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aioasuswrt/connection.py", line 72, in async_connect
    self._client = await asyncssh.connect(self._host, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/asyncssh/misc.py", line 182, in __await__
    return (yield from self._coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 5451, in connect
    conn, _ = yield from create_connection(None, host, port, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 5107, in create_connection
    yield from auth_waiter
asyncssh.misc.DisconnectError: Disconnect Error: Connection lost

config:

asuswrt:
  host: !secret asus_ip
  username: !secret asus_username
  password: !secret asus_password
  port: 22

please see if you know anything I could try?

Did the router auto update it’s own firmware?

I think that I remember seeing that one of the router firmware updates caused HA to not be able to connect. Unfortunately I don’t remember any details.

My router hasn’t been updated past version 3.0.0.4.384_32799 and it is working fine. I think the problem firmware was a later version and that’s why I haven’t updated yet. :grimacing:

yes, it did update, not auto, but by my hand…
Silly thing is there’s no true connection issue (I think) and all my network devices work properly.

Only get this error on each boot.

posted a (maybe related) question on auth providers, here , could that have anything to do with this?

I don’t think that the issue is actually connecting to the router from your HA or any other network device.

I think it’s only in HA being able to connect to your router via SSH to pull the status of other devices connected to the router.

Maybe try downgrading back to your earlier firmware version and see if it starts working again.

well, lo and behold, it has started to work again… out of its own.
How this can be is beyond me, I can only report some (correlated) issues as posted above.

Now hope this will stick.