Suggestions for Roller Shutter Choices Needed

Aloha!

I m looking for help with roller shutters. I want to refit manual roller shutters with something wifi enabled. My search so far has turned up a lot of advertisments but no useful information.

What products / companies would you recommend?

The perfect solution for me would

• play well with hass / open protocols
  • have a decent build quality (hardware) & security (software)
  • connect directly to the wifi (like LIFX for example) and not to the manufacturers bridge / box only (like HUE)

Anything out there that at least covers the first two points? Thank you for your input!

I gathered that in general motor and controllor are seperated and controllors usually connect with z-wave or zigbee.

Somewhere on the forums it was suggested that z-wave is the preferred solution with hass. Is this correct?

I stumbled upon the ‘Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 FGR-222’ as a controller, which appears to be a 6 year old product not supporting the z-wave plus standard (not sure if that’s needed at all and if the age speaks for reliability or a soon to be abandoned product).

Would that be a good choice, any experiences to share with hass, are there viable competitors?

Suggestions for an usb z-wave connector with linux / hass?

Thank you for any insights!

I dont have any of these (or any at all) but let us (me) know if you try them! pleasssssseeeeeeeeee

I’ll update the thread when I have something to report back - don’t hold your breath though as it will be at least July by then.