Sunspec and SMA integrations fail to connect

I tried helping a friend who works as an electrician to connect to some SMA inverters/Data manager but had no success and can’t figure out why :confused:

Below is a list of all inverters/devices connected, tried enabling modbus on the EDMM-10 and one of the Tripower x20 and tried connecting with both the GitHub - CJNE/ha-sunspec: Home Assistant customcomponent for SunSpec modbus devices (get no connection to host) and the SMA integration (get authentication error). I have no trouble accessing the devices via their respective webUI using username/passwd.

I have made sure to enable modbus on these two units and to leave the default port of 502 unaltered.
I’m on a fresh install (VM) HA 2023.5.4

Sunny Tripower X 25
STP50-41
STP50-41
STP50-41
Sunny Tripower X 15
Sunny Tripower X 20
Sunny Tripower X 12
Sunny Tripower X 15
Sunny Tripower X 20
Sunny Tripower X 25
STP50-41
EDMM-10

Do you have any news for the problem? I have same problems with no connection via HACS and SunSpecs for my SUNNY TRIPOWER 5.0 SE with the HAOS 2023.7.1 Version.

Yeah, I found out that the Tripower series uses a new api that’s still unsupported by sunspec or the SMA integration. I managed to pull data through modbus for the EDMM-10, not sure if the config works for the tripower inverters, maybe you can try it out?

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Will try it!