Supervisor update - internal server error 500 and losing my sh*t

For the past day I have been desperately trying to make this go away to no avail.

I am using a RPi4 and this method Raspberry Pi - Home Assistant

I am good with computers by average person standards but not an expert. I am currently able to access HA through my computer and phone. At one point during the installation, I was told that something was “unhealthy” and read online to set that to ignore. I was not able to figure out WHAT was unhealthy and WHY.

Getting to the Addon Store was a struggle but that issue inexplicably randomly went away.

So far, I have tried:

1: Changing the DNS through the app and through the NMCLI to: my router, the RPI, the DNS in my router’s settings, 8.8.8.8, 1.1.1.1, 8.8.4.4, and also deleting all of the DNS settings.

2: Creating a wifi connection. This works to get to the addon store but it does not let me update the supervisor.

3: Replugging in the ethernet connection.

  1. Resetting the router 2x

  2. Turning everything on and off again multiple times

6: Checking the HA app date and time is correct (it is)

  1. Turning off my router’s firewall

  2. Pinging the HA IP from my router (it works)

SOLUTION:

DO NOT IGNORE those messages. I ran through, on the CLI screen, the commands supervisor update and supervisor repair a number of times.

For no clear reason at all the system suddenly decided to cooperate when it didn’t for hours before this.