Support for Aeotec Siren 6

Wow, thanks!! That was extremely helpful.

Mqtt explorer shows the siren in three places, one under nodeID_18, one under Living_Room (location set in homeassistant), and one under LivingRoom (location set in zwavejs2mqtt). I set “zwave/LivingRoom/Siren” in node red.

Looks like I’ve misconfigured some part for the Siren to show up several times. But I suppose that’s a different problem as I’ve changed the sirenid in node red to the other two, same problem. When I switch on say doorbell 1 siren from lovelace, I don’t seem to see any changes in the mqtt explorer.

If you’re not seeing changes in MQTT Explorer from Lovelace, then you’re likely not connected to MQTT. It will send any messages you put into it over, regardless of validity.

As for your multiple zwave styles, use these settings for room/device.

Also I see both Living_Room and LivingRoom. this should be the exact room value that you set in ZwaveJS 2 MQTT. Whatever that may be.

Hmm… weird. I followed your settings in zwavejs2mqtt, restarted addon, reconnected mqtt explorer, nothing seems to have changed. I do see some more messages under zwave/LivingRoom/Siren/121/1 though:

Indeed I have LivingRoom in zwavejs2mqtt, and in node red as well.

I’m going to continue digging around to see if I can find out what’s going on. Thanks for your kind help so far!!

I’m not seeing a 121/1/set topic. You’re not sending the message to this MQTT device.

Err… how would I make sure the message is sent to the siren? The sets seems to be called from your node-red setup. When I deploy the flow, and click the switches in lovelace, it seems to trigger the corresponding state change (resulting in "state change at "), and then the sets would be called right?

Sorry for the newbie questions…

Ok, at the mqtt integration, I can publish to the siren properly it seems. For instance:

… then I see the set at the mqtt explorer. Not sure what is wrong in my setup…

It’s in your MQTT block settings.

Thanks!! Resolved!! Turns out I chose topic at the mqtt block to be “zwave”. When I left it blank it worked. But why does the topic “zwave” not work, is it because it’s just the prefix?

Evening all,

I’m having a few problems, hope you can help.

I’ve imported the flow, set the siren ID and MQTT is configured and shows connected.

I can control the siren from withIn nodered but no switches or entities are created In HA?

Something I’ve missed or done wrong?

You need to install the node-red integration, not just the addon. If you click on the entity nodes in node-red (e.g. turn off sounds) you’ll see the warning and the link to instructions on installing the node-red integration.

1 Like

Thats fixed It… Thanks

Awesome!! Cheers.

I have 2 of these Sirens, what would be the best way to integrate the 2nd if that’s possible?

:thinking:

I think you can just add another change node, to replace mysirenid with your second sirenid.

Thank you much for coming up with the node red integration. Im somewhat new to this but have managed to keep getting things going by forums, and tutorials like this.
Im not sure how to handle the set volumes switch, or the browse siren switch? Can you shed some light on those for me please? I want to know how to change the volume of the siren, and of course be able to adjust sounds and change those volumes as well. Doorbell, siren, Etc…

Thanks
Jace

Hello,
First of all, thanks a lot for making and sharing this flow!
I have one issue with this flow and I’d like to solve.

• When the siren alarm is triggered and the siren goes off: and someone presses the doorbell, the siren door bell sound replaces and removes the siren sound. (So I could set off the alarm, press the doorbell and no siren will sound anymore.

Also a few questions:

• How I can disable the doorbell. So pressing it will not make any sound.
  • How can I add sounds to the flow for when the alarm is in arming state, switched to armed state, switched to disarmed.

^ Ryckie

To disable the doorbell you can set the volume to zero, that’s what I’m doing.

This is what I’m doing:

- service: zwave_js.set_value
      target:
        device_id: <insert device_id>
      data:
        command_class: "121"
        property: "defaultVolume"
        value: "0"
        endpoint: "3"

I belive endpoint 3 = doorbell 1, but I don’t remember 100%. The manual should say something about that.

I’m running this every night. And the same in the morning, but setting the volume to 50.

1 Like

Okay that’s a good idea. I will give that a try should work.
Did you manage to get a notification in home assistant working if someone presses the aotec doorbell?

The entity_id have changed a few times since I installed the Z-Wave JS integration, but this is how the trigger for the automation looks now:

- platform: state
      entity_id:
        - binary_sensor.indoor_siren_6_and_doorbell_6_siren_siren_active_3
      to: "on"