Support for Nest Protect

So PIR sensor for battery devices can not be used?

From what I have read from the homebridge-nest docs, it seems occupancy only works for wired devices.

Got this log after a certain period of time without rebooting HA if I try to change a setting. Also all sensor stop to update their status.

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: custom_components/nest_protect/pynest/client.py:321
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:56:26 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:32:35 PM

• [139777306755328]
  • [139777353950800]
  • [139777085107232]

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 200, in handle_call_service await hass.services.async_call( File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1744, in async_call task.result() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1781, in _execute_service await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)( File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 208, in handle_service await service.entity_service_call( File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 678, in entity_service_call future.result() # pop exception if have File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 943, in async_request_call await coro File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 715, in _handle_entity_call await result File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/select/init.py”, line 56, in async_select_option await entity.async_select_option(option) File “/config/custom_components/nest_protect/select.py”, line 93, in async_select_option result = await self.client.update_objects( File “/config/custom_components/nest_protect/pynest/client.py”, line 321, in update_objects raise NotAuthenticatedException(await response.text()) custom_components.nest_protect.pynest.exceptions.NotAuthenticatedException

1 Like

Hm… I have read that too, but since night light is turning on and off, sensor actually works and I would like to just use the same data that is turning this light on :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback, I will investigate this issue.

This works for me, delete the old intergration and installed manuel you’re one. After that i get the right login screen with the issueToken question.

I was struggling to get the right login screen, but when I did a manual install like @LarsA said, it works! Thanks @nicoinch for taking the time to adapt it.

I suspect that the fix from @nicoinch will be committed to the main ha-nest-protect repo from @imick in due course, but nice to know that the login issue has been fixed.

Thank You Nicolas!

i got this working thanks to @nicoinch

If the smoke alarm goes off (when i burn some toast or something), what trigger/conditions/actions do i need to set to get it to stop beeping from a button press?

is this even possible?

Currently not supported. See Support for Remote Mute Alarms · Issue #25 · iMicknl/ha-nest-protect (github.com).

thanks, i have just read all 190 messages on here and found that for myself :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: i appreciate the response!

I am still fixing some issues, but I hope to submit a proper pull request this week end.

4 Likes

Thank you very much
I was getting the error 400 message, but using this method have managed to get the integration to work.
I have three battery powered protects
Just wondering if anyone managed to get the occupancy sensor data. As I am unable to do so.

Thank you

Please read the README. Battery powered Nest Protect does not support occupancy sensor.

Thank you for your reply and help

1 Like

I followed the instructions in the readme, however, I get the error message “Unknown error occurred” during configuration. Any suggestions?

error

@dv8 Hello, do you see any traces in your logs to help diagnose this issue?

Any update on this Error 400? I tried the workaround with no luck. When might this integration be updated.

Hello, without logs, I won’t be able to fix this 400 issue as I can not reproduce it on my local home assistant.