Switch color is still blue when OFF - Color scheme isn't universal

Seems nit-picky but here’s the convention that is used today.

Notice that the Plex Server is off and the Transmission is also off. Then why is the off color blue?

I’m guessing since they are off the icon is blue to show that the off state is on but in reality we look for blue when something is on and we take a second to see that the blue here is actually off.

I propose we make the off state it’s own color like a blue grey so that we can visually see at an instant all those things that are off and all the things that are on by color.

I didn’t see this posted elsewhere but if so point it out so I can vote. :slight_smile:

For clarification: by nit-picky - I was referring to myself… I’m the one who is nit-picky… :smile:

Those are some old school looking switches. My switches for a similar use look like this:

Easier to visually identify on and off states rather quickly.

Did you notice that the off state is not blue for you? (Because off is not blue)

I have to use the retain = true flag which give me these style switches. If I don’t HA gives me the “newer” ones and HA looks up the state topic for an “on” status which is not there and the switch turns back off. (thanks to @happyleaves for teaching me this)

Can I count on your vote?

It’s not a problem for me, but I’ll give you a vote when I get back to my desktop. My vote isn’t working on the tablet for some reason.

1 Like

I can gladly code this myself (I know a little python)… I just need someone to point me to the right file.

Still wish this was fixed… Still willing to do it myself if someone can point me in the right direction.

I earned a “nice share” badge for this forum post for the amount of outsiders clicking on this forum.

It is still an issue… Wish I knew how to fix it.

the issue is that it is still blue even when it is off. When off it should be black.

Still an issue after all this time… bump

Thanks to Hassio and the OpenMQTTGateway, I’m able to use “optimistic: false” setting to avoid the incorrect colored switches.

OFF SHOULD NOT BE BLUE!! (see original picture)