Switches stop updating state after some hours of running home assistant

After a few hours home assistant stops updating switches states. reboot fixes it until they fail again. For example I can turn on a smart plug on the HA interface, the plug will turn on but HA will set the toggle back to off after a second or two. It happens with smart plugs, lightbulbs, from different brands… so it has to be a HA issue. Does anyone have an idea of what could be going on? it breaks automations for me. After a reboot it works fine again until it gets stuck again.

I’m running the latest stable version of HA.

What does the logs say?
What hardware setup are you using?

Ah, I think I don’t have logs from yesterday and I didn’t check. I’ll take a look and try to figure out with the logs and coma back if no luck

It appears you are using WIFI switches and plugs? I don’t have a lot of experience on the WIFI spectrum since only a couple of my devices use it to report. I did however have a similar issue with my Z-Wave network. After installing the NUT add-on integration, my Z-wave network would simply die after a couple hours…a reboot would cure it for a couple hours but then it would die again. Oddly enough, I never did figure out what the conflict was, I just ended up uninstalling the integration.

1 Like