Tasmota devices ALL greyed out after power loss?

I have some Sonoff Mini and Athom light bulbs all running Tasmota (14 total devices).

I recently upgraded from HA 2021.x to 2022.10. That involved switching to Z-Wave JS UI, which went fine. I also switched from using the MQTT integration to the new Tasmota integration.

Everything was working fine, but then I had a power outage. Now, all of the devices are still listed in the Tasmota integration settings, but are unavailable and greyed out.

All devices are running Tasmota 12.1.1, and their individual web servers are up and running fine.

I’ve searched other threads and there seems to be a LOT of confusing advice about a “setting 19” and whether certain MQTT settings should be set or not. I’ve also completely disabled my MQTT docker image (mosquitto), since AFAICT it’s no longer needed with the Tasmota integration.

How do I get everything back available in HA?

SetOption19 0 is correct for tasmota integration.

I think it can use the api… I haven’t tried that I am not seeing that in the docs.

tasmota integration docs

Tasmota communicates with Home Assistant using MQTT. Before going any further, make sure MQTT is properly set up in Home Assistant and Tasmota.

It uses mqtt

So, I’ve re-enabled mosquitto and rebooted all docker images. Also set option 19 to 0 on all Tasmota devices. No luck.

Then I noticed a message in the console for one of the bulbs: “Connect failed to 10.0.1.151:1883, rc -2. Retry in 120 sec”. And in the mosquitto log, I saw:

Starting in local only mode. Connections will only be possible from clients running on this machine.
Create a configuration file which defines a listener to allow remote access.

So apparently upgrading mosquitto was the problem – it now defaults to local-only connections, and it needed the line listener 1883 0.0.0.0 in the mosquitto.conf file.

I added that and restarted it, and everything came back up!