Tasmota MQTT IRHVAC Controler

I know home Home Assistant and OpenHab developers are helping each other … Maybe if you give them my plugin they can integrate it. I would be happy if my work help OpenHab users too. I have only one friend that uses it, but he is far away from me and we don’t have a quick way to test lots of things … It took me lot of time to learn what and how can be done something in order to make it work in Home Assistant, and still my code is not very good, as I don’t know python very well. Will take me lots of time to make it work for OpenHab. May be one day after I adapt it for the latest HA, I can try to see what can be done for OH. :slight_smile:

Sorry @ghos7 I am only a poor guy trying to still learning OPENHAB as a user. I am sure that your plugin will find its way to OPENHAB some how. These ideas soon or later will make you famous in the net. Like Theo Arends for Tasmotta.
Keep on your nice work.

There is a light in the tunnel … I hate doing nothing … So as soon as I finish the HA integration, I’ll feel a little bored, and I’ll try to port it for OpenHab … :smiley: I’m already famous, but no one know who I am … :smiley: Lots of people (in EU) are using a product made by me, but I’m hidden behind a company name … :smile: Which is not actually needed, because the product is good enough, but when some company shows who is responsible for a given product, somehow people start asking super high volume of questions, and requests, and no time to answer to everyone, and no time to do all requests, and not at last place - no time or me … :smiley: So this is the place I try to be helpful for regular people like me. I’m just a regular user of HA, trying to be helpful not only for his company, not only for himself, but for other people too … And only breaking changes are stopping me here … :smiley:

1 Like

OK Hristo I will be watching you on OH. You can shout on me . We are neighbors and I can listen to you… I am Greek living in Volos.

1 Like

Is it possible for you to post links from where you bought the IR? I would like to use to send IR signal to my air conditioner, but I would like to see more details of NodeMCU out of the case.

NodeMCU v3 CH340G (price per piece):

IR emitter (The clear clolor. Price is for 10pcs):

IR receiver (price for 10pcs):

PIR sensor AM312 (The last option. Price per piece.):

BME280 temp/humidity/air pressure (price per piece):

White development box (price per piece):

MicroUSB cablel (Never received them, but can be logistic problem. Price per piece.):

This is how it looks like inside:
Google Photos

Without the plastic box:
Google Photos

This is a micro circuit scheme developed to ensure the good job (no false alarms) for PIR AM312:
Google Photos

Full Tasmota config:

3 Likes

Hi!
This is really cool! can you send the complete schematic to include the humidity and motin sensors please? I’d like to jump in and help testing and developing code for it

Well … This is all … Everything is included … :slight_smile: BME280 has 4 connections 3.3V, GND, SLC and SDA … The PIR sensor has 3 connections (by deffault):GND, 3.3V and data, but using the schematics above, I managed to regulate the voltage problems, that I had, which were causing ghost switching. If you don’t have ghost switching, you don’t need this scheme … :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry…I guess for someone with basic knowledge of electrics that’s enough.

I’m a developer and I just started using HA. I started looking at this to automate the usage of the AC. I bought some Broalink mini but I think I prefer to use your solution because I will be able to know the current state of the AC from the IR command received. Also I enjoy learning new stuff and would love to help with the programing side to your project. Unfortunately I don’t know much about electronics.

I think I get the GND and 3.3V pins but I totally ignorant about the data pins.

BME280 has 4 connections 3.3V, GND, SLC and SDA

What’s SLC and SDA and where do I connect them?

The PIR sensor has 3 connections (by deffault):GND, 3.3V and data

Where exactly do I connect the data pin of the PIR?

Maybe sharing the complete schematic would be helpful for others in the same level of ignorance as me.

Thanks for sharing! Btw, do you plan to open a github project for the source code?

UPDATE: I just saw carefully the tasmota config screenshot and I think understand all now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m planing to use git, yes, but I’m currently making the code for HA 0.103 … When I find a time to finish it, I’ll upload it on github … :slight_smile: Until then, as it is only for 0.94.3 it is located on my cloud as a .zip file with the link given above … :slight_smile:

1 Like

BTW PIR sensor data is connected to D1 … :slight_smile:

Since I just started with HA, I’m using the lastest version (0.104.3) so I’ll wait to see it published to try it our and also I’ll try to give you a hand if you want.

I’m definitely buying the parts now so I can build it. Is always exciting to learn new things.

Building your own stuff is fun, just takes time to figure out how everything works.

1 Like

What about adding more sensors? It would be interesting to add light/uv or power usage sensor.

Would it be possible to add this https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1486.html?tracking=5dad4cb85dbe6 ?

In theory it should be possible. The light sensor shouldn’t be an issue, I’m not sure about the power though. I know Tasmota can do power monitoring because the S31 supports it and there are a few power monitors listed. You might be able to find some other projects where someone has added things like that as well to take from. Digiblur’s got a lot of good videos on YouTube and I wouldn’t be surprised to see he added a light sensor to one of his Tasmotized mods.

Or maybe using a sonoff Pow as a base?

Following with great interest.

1 Like

Be aware the BME280 will measure 1-2 degrees above real temperature. Check this out:

1 Like

Hi, after flashing with latest tasmota_ir, I don’t see I2C SCL (5) and I2C SDA (6). Any idea why?