Teckin Smart Plugs - Feedback of On or Off state?

Hi Guys,

New HA user here, so please go easy on me!

A Bit of Background
I have a quite a bit of home automation kit from Philips Hue lighting, Tuya/Smart Life WiFi bulbs and smart sockets, ‘no-brand’ WiFi door sensors and PIR Sensors and an Amazon Alexa device in every room of the house. A pal of mine recently put me onto HA as a means of having one central control point for the operation of all this stuff, and I’m blown away by the possibilities and the amount of work that some very clever people have done (way smarter than me, unfortunately! :unamused: )

I am very much aware from all the forum reading I have been doing over the Christmas holidays that Tuya/Smart Life door sensors and PIR sensors do not have support in the current Tuya Integration, and therefore my plan of automating various Zigbee lights around the house via HA became a non-starter. Not to be put off, I thought that I would get around this by using the current Smart Life app, (in which the door sensors and PIR sensors are visible and their state logged), to switch various Teckin WiFi Smart Plugs I had lying around. The Teckin Smart Plugs are visible in HA, and can be operated in HA very easily and my thoughts were that I could then use the Teckin smartplugs to report their state back to HA, and subsequently use this to control my Zigbee lighting. However, I cannot seem to find if they report their state back to HA. If I switch them via HA, they operate very reliably, but if I then switch them manually using the button on the casing of the switch, or via the Smart Life app, the switch state does not change in HA.

In view of the above, I have a couple of questions;

1. Is it possible to read the switch state on these plugs?
  2. Do the plugs just receive a command to only toggle their current state?

Apologies for the long-ish post, but I felt that giving more information is better than hardly any. Thanks in advance for any responses provided, and hopefully my knowledge of HA will expand as I get more used to using it.

Cheers,

MB