šŸŒ” Temperature Control Exhaust Fan

Will look into it now

I found it you must have a triger sensor by_pass although it is disabled.

1 Like

Ok I will look into thatā€¦ thanks

New update 1.2

Fixed a selection bug in by-pass.

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Hi:
Just one idea. You say:

• When the sensor rises above the set value it turns the fan ON.
  • When the sensor falls below the set value it turns the fan OFF.
    Thats OK for cooling (ac/vent) if you want to heat a house we should invert de conditions to stay off after a higher value
    Can it be done? like that it was possible to cool and heat .Thanks

Yea it can be done but maybe a different blueprint would be required. You would need a few extra features to make it work well.

That worked thanks

1 Like

New update 1.3

Added the option to select weekdays under the time options.

Enjoy

Hi there,
Any chance you could incorporate a different command for fan on and fan off as you have done for your other humidity/fan blueprint? That is working really well for me.

@GlenW Sounds like a good idea. I will do a update for this.

Thanks

New update 1.4

Added ā€œFan Speed - Off Switch Optionā€. Normally used if you have a fan with different speeds and you need to use a different entity selection to turn it OFF.

Enjoy

Awesome support! Thank you blacky!

1 Like

No problem, your welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey man,
new to the hole template thing.
I am trying to change your script. I would like to invert it.

If the temp goes under a specific value: turn ON
If the temp goes over a specific value: turn OFF

I tried to change the conditions from below to above but that didnt work.
Furthermore I changed the ā€œwait_for_triggerā€ section:

wait_for_trigger:
      platform: numeric_state
      entity_id: sensor.bme280_temperature
      above: 20.7

So yeah, if the temp goes below a value, the trigger goes on. That is working. But I do not get it to work to turn off above a specific value.

Can you maybe give me a hint, how I should change the script to act like I want it to? :slight_smile:

Hi @MoJack Firstly welcome to the community.

I will do a new blueprint that works the opposite way. Working on it now. What do you need it for so I know what t call it?

Hey @Blacky , thank you for the welcome!

I basically use it to turn on/off a smart plug that controls a heating pad.
If itā€™s to cold, turn it on, if the desired temp is reached, turn it off.

Thank you for your help!

Ok, I will do it in the same blueprint but give the option to invert it.

Edit: A new Blueprint done just testing now

Edit: All done passed test, creating new blueprint now

Edit: New blueprint ā„ Temperature Control Exhaust Fan - Inverted

2 Likes

New update 1.5

This is quite a big update :firecracker:. I am slowly going through my blueprint so they all look and feel the same :partying_face:

:warning: Please read this before upgrading. If you use ā€œFan Speed - Switch Off Optionā€ in you automations, once you upgrade you will need to select ā€œEnable the fan speed - switch off optionā€ as shown below and click save.

New Features :new:

• Added ā€œFanā€ domain to fan switch.

• Added enable / disable option to the ā€œFan Speed ā€“ Switch OFF Optionā€.

• Added Fan domain to ā€œFan Speed ā€“ Switch OFF Optionā€.

• Upgraded by-pass to have 3 options. You can now choose what you would like the fan to do when you turn the by-pass ON.

1. Turn fan ON.
    2. Turn fan OFF.
    3. Keep the current fan state.
  • Added the ability to use a ā€œBy-pass Auto OFF Optionā€. This is used when you turn the by-pass ON and you would like the by-pass to automatically turn OFF in a set time delay. It can also be used as a timer to turn the fan ON and then OFF if you have chosen to use ā€œEnable the By-pass - Turn fan ONā€.

• Added end of time trigger. The fan will turn OFF when end time crosses over and your ā€œRising Valueā€ is over itā€™s setting.

• Added some safe guards for HA restart.

• Cleaned up some code.

Bugs Fixes :bug:

• Start of time trigger.
  • Some other bugs.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Working great with my ceiling fan! Is there a way to add a condition so that it only works when my presence tracker is showing as ā€œhomeā€?

Hi @crepetsky

Nice :+1:

Currently the blueprint doesnā€™t have "zoneā€™ as a condition. I will put this on the list.

If you would like to do this you could set up a template sensor that is OFF when you are ā€œHomeā€. You would then put that sensor in the bypass and select ā€œEnable the By-pass - Turn fan OFFā€. So what would happen is when your are ā€œNot Homeā€ or ā€œAwayā€ the template sensor would get automaticity turned ON thus turning your bypass ON and the fan OFF when you leave. When you get home the bypass would go OFF allowing the automation to run. :wink:

If you need help creating this template sensor then let us know and I will provide you the code.

Blacky :smiley:

1 Like