Temperature ETA?

The Nest thermostats will predict how long it will take to reach a temperature. Is there a way to use this in a automation? What I’d like to be able to do is determine when the heat goes on in the morning, and if the nest is predicting it will take > 30 minutes to hit the target, HA will turn on my gas fireplace to give the system a boost.

According to the docs https://www.home-assistant.io/components/sensor.nest/ the ETA is exposed to HA in the Nest Home device. So that would imply a ‘yes’.

Oops. I’m not talking about my ETA, but rather the estimated time the thermostat will hit the desired temperature.

Yeah I think I misinterpreted ETA in the docs!

Perhaps you’ll have to do your own calculations - with a certain hearing power available, and a starting temperature, you should be able to make a guess. In fact starting temp should be enough to create a guess if your other heating is a constant.

If you enable hvac_state in monitored_conditions, there will be a sensor that indicates the current state (such as off, heat, etc.) You could use this to trigger an automation, and then have a condition that it is more than 30 min before the scheduled time. (I don’t think there’s a way to get this via the API, so you’d have to hard code this in your automation to match Nest’s schedule.)