Temperature Sensor Zigbee

Hello,
I have a sonoff zigbee coordinator in my pi. I tried two different sensors for temperature, one is SONOFF SNZB-02 which was connected for like 5 minutes and would no longer communicate.i reset it and added it again, this time it stayed connected for 1 minute… Returned.
Second one was https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1Z9J2SM emylo sensor, connected nicely but NO temperature readings at all… Returned both.

I need something reliable. I don’t need anything bulky, just something that works. What do you guys use that I can make use of?

Hi, do you run other devices on your zigbee network?
If yes, are those working as expected?

I use these SNZB-02 too and they work without any problem.

Zigbee can be very reliable and in some cases, because of not respecting some basic rules, it can be a nightmare.
You might want to have a look at Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference + optimize using Zigbee Router devices (repeaters/extenders) to get a stable mesh network with best possible range and coverage

Have many innr plugs that just work. So it’s not an issue with Zigbee itself

I doubt that.
Your plugs do no need to report constant information to HA whereas sensors do.

I’m not convinced. I use the same Sonoff sensor and it has been quite reliable. What is the LQI (signal strength) to the nearest router?

So, up until now I did not have the LQI and RSSI enabled for any devices, as I did not know what they are intended for. I don’t have the sonoff sensor any more because I thought that it’s not working correctly.

For other devices I have an LQI of 96
(I do have a few of the innr plugs that report current usage continuously with no issue)