Template Switch for Logi Circle Privacy Mode

I’ve been wanting the ability to turn on the Logi Circle Privacy Mode when my alarm system is disarmed and off when the alarm system is armed. This way, when my family is away or at home and asleep (alarm system armed), the camera is recording but when we’re home and awake (alarm system disarmed), the camera is not recording. I actually use HomeKit for these automations so really I just needed a switch exposed to HomeKit so I can setup this automation in the Home app. Thankfully with HA 0.79, we now have Logi Circle integration so this is possible. Here’s how I set it up for anyone interested and for anyone to provide feedback if there’s a better way:

1. Setup the Logi Circle component.
  2. Add the configuration variables for the Logi Circle camera and Logi Circle sensor.
  3. Add the following template switch to your configuration.yaml. Replace YOURCAMERANAME with your camera name (3 lines). If you’re not sure, you can always restart HA after step 2 above and look in the states list from the HA web UI (< > icon under Developer Tools on the left menu).
switch:
  - platform: template
    switches:
      logi_circle_privacy_mode:
        friendly_name: Logi Circle Privacy Mode
        value_template: "{{ states('sensor.logi_circle_YOURCAMERANAME_privacy_mode') }}"
        turn_on:
          service: camera.logi_circle_set_config
          data:
            entity_id: camera.YOURCAMERANAME
            mode: PRIVACY_MODE
            value: true
        turn_off:
          service: camera.logi_circle_set_config
          data:
            entity_id: camera.YOURCAMERANAME
            mode: PRIVACY_MODE
            value: false
  1. Validate your configuration under ‘Configuration’ -> ‘General’ -> ‘Check Config’. As long as it’s good to go, restart HA.
  2. You should now see a switch called switch.logi_circle_privacy_mode that toggles the Logi Circle privacy mode on or off.
1 Like