Testers wanted: Rheem EcoNet component

I have a Rheem “connected” electric water heater that can be controlled via a mobile app through their EcoNet system (http://www.rheem.com/EcoNet/Home).

I’ve put together some Python code that mimics the mobile app that I’m going to package up as a component for Home Assistant. This gathers some basic info on the device, enables you to update the temperature set point, etc.

I’m looking for testers to help verify that this code works for other configurations besides mine. If you have any EcoNet Rheem or Ruud devices and are willing to run a couple of quick tests, please PM me.

Thanks,
Boris.

2 Likes

I’m keen, have both a HA setup and Econet!

I am in as well. I would like to be able to use this to allow me to change to high demand mode and automate turning it off if I have left it on by accident. I have HA and Econet currently set up as well. Let me know if I can help.

I can do some testing as well. This would be a nice addition to Home Assistant!

I will test. I have the the Rheem electric hot water heater with the wifi unit

If you are still looking for testers I have an EcoNet (Rheem) gas water heater I would like to use with HA.

Hello, if you are still looking for testers, I just got a Rheem Hybrid water heater with the econet connection.

Take a look into this thread thats new and has some progress: