TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

create a new config.js called for example mobile.js and then copy index.html and name it mobile.html. Look inside mobile.html and rename to mobile.js

1 Like

This project is simple AMAZING!!!
This covers 98% of my needs!

I own you a beer!!!

1 Like

Hi @resoai, did you change the tileSize parameter for this? On my iPhone at 150 it’s not fitting in like your screen does.
Rod

I am calculating the size based on the screen size:

var GROUP_WIDTH = 3;
   var GROUP_MARGIN = 5;
   var TILE_MARGIN = 4;
   var TILE_SIZE = getTileSize(GROUP_WIDTH, TILE_MARGIN, GROUP_MARGIN);
   var TRANSITION = TRANSITIONS.SIMPLE;
   var CUSTOM_THEME = CUSTOM_THEMES.WINPHONE;

function getTileSize (tileCount, tileMargin, groupMargin) {
      var width = window.innerWidth
         || document.documentElement.clientWidth
         || document.body.clientWidth;

width -= groupMargin * 2 + tileMargin * (tileCount - 1);

return +(width / tileCount).toFixed(1);
   }

customTheme: CUSTOM_THEME,
  transition: TRANSITION,
  tileSize: TILE_SIZE,
  tileMargin: TILE_MARGIN,
  groupMarginCss: GROUP_MARGIN + 'px',
  menuPosition: MENU_POSITIONS.BOTTOM
2 Likes

What are the other 2%? :slight_smile:

First, BIG THANKS for this project. Very nice!!

For my weather forecast tile I would like temperature to show something like “15 - 26 C”, that would be low and high temp tomorrow. How can I code that in here?
Thinking like:

temperature: ‘&sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_1.state’ + ’ - ’ + ’ &sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_1.state’,
(No I can’t code, just making it up so it might be understandable…)

We have added a simple template parser so if you grab the latest code you do this as follows:

'&sensor dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_1.state - &sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_1.state',

Just wanted to share my first attempt with this dashboard after a day of working with it. There are still some customizations to go regarding icons, bg colors and other detail-type stuff. Especially figuring out icon positioning for the half-size tiles - can I somehow place icons within the subtitle or title fields?

5 Likes

Are you talking about those little green ones at the bottom?

Please add classes: [CLASS_MICRO] to each of those little ones. You can also try setting theme to CUSTOM_THEMES.MOBILE

I dont understand this. My hassio files are not in a www folder. I did put these files including index.html in the same folder that containes my home assistant files, but I cannot access it from a browser. Must be frustrating for you to have to deal with end user dummies like me.

Within the directory where configuration.yaml resides create a directory called www (if it does not exist) and in that directory create a directory called tileboard where all the files should reside.

Dashboard will be accessible via following URL: http://YOUR_IP:8132/local/tileboard/index.html

2 Likes

Thanks, works perfect! (But I had to twist the tile to horizontal 2 by 1 to make it fit)

Let’s just say, your usage of tiles is a bit unconventional :slight_smile:

1 Like

after I stay on the tileboard page for a period of time, if i refresh I start to see these errors:

api.js:122 WebSocket connection to ‘ws://localhost:8123/api/websocket’ failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
$Api._connect @ api.js:122
main-controller.js:1252 Object
(anonymous) @ main-controller.js:1252

That is not how my config.js is setup, as I have it as wss, restarting Homeassistant does not help along with clearing browser cache. I have to reboot my pi running hassbian.

cool. got that. now switches. seeing the id: twice confuses me. does this seem right?
type: TYPES.SLIDER,
id: “light.office”,
id: {state: 50}, // replace it with real string id
state: false,
title: ‘Office Light’,

This is only an example! You need to leave only one field with correct entity_id.

1 Like

Nevermind. It is acting that way because I have an error in my config and defaulting to the temp config :grinning:

Yes, if there is an error in JavaScript, CONFIG variable would not exist and browser will use example config which has localhost as URL.

1 Like

Darn missing commas