TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

I have a doorentry with SIP server running on it and I’m using one of the ugliest hacks: I have a commandline switch in HA which sends a command to the PC where TileBoard resides, which in turn uses comamnd line interface of MicroSIP to call the doorentry. I’m planning to switch that PC to an RPI3 running Arch but I will need to do something about that SIP client.

1 Like

GUI configuration tool please! This looks awesome but it’s a new language to learn

edit: I take it back. It’s not that hard to get a dashboard going. Give it a try!

1 Like

Ahh, as long as it works who cares the lengths you’ve taken to get there lol I’ve got a couple dodgy little hacks like that as well.

I’ve reverse engineered my aircon system which has an iPhone app to control but the manufacture will not release their API so I worked out the HTTP requests it is making, literally wrote a separate script for every command including switches and sensors and each of those scripts is now a button on my AC tileboard. A very ugly hack but considering there’s no other way… it works great!!

I’m also still learning to code on the side of my full time job so learning to code cleanly is just another one of my missions.

1 Like

The whole point of TileBoard was to make a dashboard for power users which is highly customizable and which they could hack to whatever they want. Defining javascript object is not rocket science but requires some time to learn.

Sounds like a great project for someone to take onboard and offer users, it would make it accessible to lots more people. However I don’t think resoai needs it , or has the time. I don’t have the ability either unfortunately but I hope someone might have a go.

K

To be frank I wan’t even going to release the code for TileBoard in the first place :slight_smile:

I know - we were very fortunate… I’m so glad you did.

Thanks

1 Like

I don’t think it would be that easy to make since the dashboard allows you to call anonymous functions in various places. It could become even more complicated for users.

Hmm yes, true, In my experience it’s pushed me into learning some more JS and CSS and that’s a very useful exercise for me. It’s made some other things more understandable now too. HA users tend to be fairly hands on anyway.

2 Likes

Screenshot_2018-07-11%20TileBoard
Screenshot_2018-07-11%20TileBoard(1)

We have implemented date, time and datetime tile!

2 Likes

I’m done for now (until you add something else that I can’t resist setting up). It’s probably busier than most. But this is on a small tablet and is meant to be the main dashboard in our common area, and with the people I have in my family it’s best to do one page instead of having them go to different categorized pages.

3 Likes

We have updated media player!

Dang it. I thought I was getting away from by computer for a little while… :wink:

Thank you so much that you did share TileBoard. It’s amazing and the speed it get’s developed is really great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If not for the favicon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone, I already apologize for my English.

I am playing with TileBoard but I am currently having a problem with the temperature sensor.

If I declare my temperature sensor this way, I do not have the tile that appears

{
    						position: [1, 0],
    						type: TYPES.SENSOR,
    						id: "sensor.CHAUFFERIE_Temperature", //'sensor.SALON_Temperature', // replace it with real string id
    						title: 'Salon',
    						unit: '°C', // override default entity unit
    						state: false, // hidding state
    						filter: function (value) { // optional
    							alert(value);
    							var num = parseFloat(value);
    							return num && !isNaN(num) ? num.toFixed(1) : value;
    						}
                      }

On the other hand, if I force a value, I have the tile that appears.

{
						position: [1, 0],
						type: TYPES.SENSOR,
						id: {state:18.1}, //'sensor.SALON_Temperature', // replace it with real string id
						title: 'Salon',
						unit: '°C', // override default entity unit
						state: false, // hidding state
						filter: function (value) { // optional
							alert(value);
							var num = parseFloat(value);
							return num && !isNaN(num) ? num.toFixed(1) : value;
						}
                  }

However, my sensor is well declared in the groups.yaml file and it is clearly visible in HA.

Chaufferie:
  name: Chaufferie
  entities:
    - sensor.CHAUFFERIE_Temperature
    - sensor.CHAUFFERIE_Humidity

Do you have an idea for me?

Thank you

Great work on this dashboard! It feels much cleaner that the other UI options.

Is there any way (maybe as a configurable option) to stop the background and header from animating between pages. I’m using the same image, and have the clock on all pages. It would be nice if they stayed in situ as the tiles animate. Any thoughts on if this could be achieved?

Certainly!

transition: TRANSITIONS.SIMPLE

Perhaps the letters are in different encoding? We’ve added checks for entity existence in latest update, so if the entity is not found, it will show an error. Could you please try that? You might also want to copy-paste the name of the entity id from HA’s state page to avoid mistakes.

I just updated TileBoard and here is what it puts me.
He does not find the entity, yet HA shows it to me.

The config file is encoded in UTF8 just like the yaml files.

Thanks for your help