TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Hold on. All entity IDs in HA are lowercase. Please go to HA’s states page and copy-paste the name of the sensor from there.

I found, it comes from the fact that I declared my variable in the sensor.yaml file in this way:

#############################
# # GROUPS - Temperature #
#############################

Living room:
   name: Salon
   entities:
     - sensor.SALON_Temperature
     - sensor.SALON_Humidity
     - sensor.SALON_Battery

But in HA, it is in lower case:> sensor.salon_Temperature

So I replaced uppercase with lowercase and now it looks good.

1 Like

Thankz for sharing this - Looks awesome! Will try definitely test it out this weekend…

Could you share your camera configuration? I have some Axis cameras that I am trying to load directly from the camera URL and they are not showing up (they work fine in HADashboard). I am not sure what I am missing.

{
 type: TYPES.CAMERA,
 id: {},
 bgSize: 'cover',
 width: 2,
 state: false,
 fullscreen: {},
 refresh: 3000,
 filter: function (item, entity) {
      return "URL TO MY CAMERA THAT LOADS FINE WHEN I GO TO THE URL";
  }
},

Oops… never mind. Turns out the issue was a missing

position: [0, 0]

Added that and it popped right up!

I’m using the Dark Sky WEATHER component rather than the Dark Sky SENSOR component, and this is my Tileboard configuration. Works a treat!

{
            position: [2, 2],
            height: 1,
            classes: ['-compact'], // enable this if you want a little square tile (1x1)
            type: TYPES.WEATHER,
            id: 'weather.dark_sky',
            //state: '&weather.dark_sky.state', // label with weather summary (e.g. Sunny)
            states: {
              'sunny': 'Sunny',
              'clear-night': 'Clear',
              'rainy': 'Rain',
              'snowy': 'Snow',
              'snowy-rainy': 'Sleet',
              'windy': 'Windy',
              'fog': 'Fog',
              'cloudy': 'Cloudy',
              'partlycloudy': 'Partly Cloudy',
              'hail': 'Hail',
              'lightning': 'Thunderstorm',
              'tornado': 'Tornado'
            },
            icon: '&sensor.dark_sky_icon.state',
            icons: {
              'clear-day': 'clear',
              'clear-night': 'nt-clear',
              'cloudy': 'cloudy',
              'rain': 'rain',
              'sleet': 'sleet',
              'snow': 'snow',
              'wind': 'hazy',
              'fog': 'fog',
              'partly-cloudy-day': 'partlycloudy',
              'partly-cloudy-night': 'nt-partlycloudy'
            },
              fields: {
              summary: '&sensor.dark_sky_summary.state',
              temperature: '&sensor.dark_sky_temperature.state',
              temperatureUnit: '&sensor.dark_sky_temperature.attributes.unit_of_measurement',
              precip: '&sensor.dark_sky_precip.state',
              humidity: '&sensor.dark_sky_humidity.state',
              humidityUnit: '&sensor.dark_sky_humidity.attributes.unit_of_measurement',
              windSpeed: '&sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed.state',
              windSpeedUnit: '&sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed.attributes.unit_of_measurement',
              precipProbability: '&sensor.dark_sky_precip_probability.state',
              precipProbabilityUnit: '&sensor.dark_sky_precip_probability.attributes.unit_of_measurement',
            }
          },

I have an issue which is fixed in the directives.js file under the camera directive, reloadImage function where the image an image does not show up that i use for radar does not work when using the filter: function (item, entity) { return "http://icons.wxug.com/data/weather-maps/radar/united-states/redmond-oregon-region-current-radar-animation.gif"; } function. However, if i comment out the var url = photoUrl + '&_i=' + $i++; line and add var url = photoUrl it works fine. It looks as if the weather underground server has the issue with the get variables of the _i=# in the URL. However is there a way around me having to edit directives.js every time i pull the latest code?

Thanks!

Had a play getting grafana graphs into the dashboard. I must say I’m well impressed with your work! everything I’ve needed (like setting background images from the config) has just existed and is well documented.

1 Like

We have pushed a fix for that. Could you please confirm it works OK now?

1 Like

Could you share how you did that grafana tile?

For the graph background you essentially you want to get the graph in grafana how you want it. I removed all the legends, axis info, title etc.
Then if you go to “share” and click on “Direct Link Rendered Image”.

Then you just need to set that url as the background of a tile.
You can’t seem to get a transparent background on the rendered image, so I set the opacity quite low. But it works quite well as a tile background.

Config looks like this:

{
   position: [0, 1],
   type: TYPES.SENSOR,
   title: 'Outdoor',
   id: 'sensor.outdoor_temperature',
   unit: 'C', // override default entity unit
   state: false, // hidding state
   filter: function (value) { // optional
      var num = parseFloat(value);
      return num && !isNaN(num) ? num.toFixed(1) : value;
   },
   width: 2,
   height: 1,
   refresh: 10000, // 100 seconds
   bgOpacity: 0.3,
   bg: 'http://192.168.1.11:3000/render/d-solo/e9YbRFigk/homeassistant?panelId=2&orgId=1&tab=metrics&width=1000&height=500&tz=UTC%2B01%3A00',
},
4 Likes

Refresh only works with IFRAME and CAMERA tiles. What you need is to create an anonymous function which would return the URL along with random numbers to avoid caching i.e. +"&iterator=" + Math.ceil(Date.now() / 100 / 1000)

When you feel like you want Apple Home but you only have Amazon Fire tablet.

4 Likes

good afternoon,
can you leave only a transparent page?
And when the menu buttons are down, how would the transition effect be horizontal rather than vertical?

There is a screensaver which can be used to show date and time and cycle through the photos of your choice. As for the transition, you can set it to SIMPLE to avoid vertical animation. I’m afraid there is no way to add horizontal transition.

Thanks, I’d like to leave just a few transparent widgets, is it possible?

Oh, I see what you mean! You can add this to the tiles you wish to be transparent:

theme: ITEM_TRANSPARENT,
1 Like

Confirmed. Thanks much!

You are welcome!

I like the implementation of VERTICAL and HORIZONTAL, as well as auto group heights and widths. Thanks for that. Is it possible to mix group orientations? See the attached “Other information” group.