Toon van Eneco custom component

That would be a wild guess, I guess.

But if it’s not in the API then better to leave it. I just mentioned it because it is visible in the Toon Android app and I had the same in Domoticz before so I was just assuming it is there already.

So the logic would be, if the temperature is at the set temperature and the burner is on, then it must be for the water, is that right? So we could never know that the water is on if the burner is working to heat the house to the requested temperature. If that is the case I could expose a water_heater_on in the library implementing this logic and you could wrap it in the component. Thoughts?

The issue here is that the real temperature in my house is almost never at or above target temperature, but always up to a degree below it

Wouldn’t that mean that your burner is always on? How do you define “real”?

Never mind, i looked at the source of the domoticz implementation, and they figured out that it’s not just a binary value, it can be much more. Quoting from their source:

//0=off
//1=heating
//2=hot water
//3=pre-heating

I think this means we need to drop the entire binary_sensor platform and make the heating a normal sensor. I’m also not 100% sure what “pre-heating” means in this context.

Oh cool. I could expose those values as booleans in the library. Like “heating_on” “hot_water_on” and “pre_heating_on”. Thoughts?

They can never coexist at the same time, so for me 1 property with 4 statics would also work.

Ok. So we will have a burner_status that would return off, on, water_heating and pre_heating.

This is what I found just reading the toon API website:

burnerInfo:

burner off = 0,
burner on = 1,
burner heating for hot water = 2,
burner preheating for the next setpoint = 3

https://developer.toon.eu/api-intro

v0.1.1 implements a burner_state attribute that supports

BURNER_STATES = {0: 'off',
                 1: 'on',
                 2: 'water_heating',
                 3: 'pre_heating'}```
1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

So i’m a bit confused about this whole Toon stuff. This is a different component then the ‘toon’ component which comes with HA? I have downloaded all the files from the github repo and placed in the folders and setup everything as explained in the README ((https://github.com/krocat/ToonHA).

After a restart of HA i get this error in my log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 193, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 361, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 296, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 274, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/toon.py", line 60, in setup
    solar)
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/toon.py", line 97, in __init__
    self.update()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 306, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/toon.py", line 104, in update
    self.data['power_current'] = self.toon.power.value
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/toonapilib/toonapilib.py", line 287, in power
    power = self.status['powerUsage']
KeyError: 'powerUsage'

My first question is how to fix this error, second is: is it still required to have for example the following (Toon van Eneco custom component) group setup with scenes?

It would be really cool to have a working Toon component.
Thanks in advance!

The toon component included in hass by default is an old version of this custom component from back in August. They should both work fine, but the one from github has more features and is generally more stable.

It seems like the power isn’t being reported right, which is strange. Does your Toon unit say how much power you are currently using? Did you have this error when using the older build-in toon?

The scenes setup was just a custom setup from a single user and isn’t required at all.

Thanks! You made me check my Toon and for some reason it was not connected to my Wifi network anymore? weird… Its starting up without any problems now!

Is there a nice group / view layout i can see / copy from somewhere? Currently i’m using this one.

I was a bit occupied with a tentamenweek but finally got the time to implement the burner as a non-binary sensor, made a PR on github as usual.

Just tried a day and all seems ok. But i have no idea how to show this in grafana or in the HA history… all we can see is on and off

Any ideas?

@boltgolt I have released version 1.3.0 of toonapilib that exposes an extra positional argument for enabling agreement id since apparently you can have more than one and you can enable the one you want to get info for, like if you have multiple locations(houses) under the same contract, each is a separate agreement. Any chance you would have the time and interest to implement this in ToonHA before you request to merge in the mainline? Also, what is the feedback on the new library? Does it work well? Anybody else trying it, feedback?

Just replied 1 minute before you did…:wink:

I actually saw your message after I pressed send :slight_smile:

1 Like

What more would you want for the burner except on or off?

O i just was expecting to see 2 and 3 on history/ grafana. I guess the history/ grafana can’t show string value’s in there.