TP-Link Deco M5, no internet no local connection thru ethernet port

Same here. mar 2021, up to date firmware.
Will it be addressed in future firmare versions?

Hi, here is the Forum post on the TP-Link community about the same issue:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/258828?replyId=594198

July/21 and Still With no solution

Mid September 2021 and still no solution.

I donā€™t think there will be a full solution anytime soon. However, I contacted TP-Link support directly and they sent me a debug firmware and configured my Decos in such way that even without internet, my lan connection will still work. You could try contacting them.

I have a workaround here which I recently had the same problem. The only thing I tried is to switch cables between ethernet ports. Seems it helps with auto sensing.

I never like to use debug firmwares. When applying the setting, I want to learn whether the change is persistent against the firmware upgrades, or each time should I apply debug firmware?

I am having the same issue with my Deco P9 system. Iā€™ve asked TP-link support to send me a custom firmware which will force the WAN to port 1 and LAN to port 2. They told me I must connect my HA hub to the ethernet port of one of the satellite Decoā€™s, or connect to the main Deco via wifiā€¦ The latter results in the IP address of my HA not showing in the TP-links list of connected devices for some unknown reason. This impacts you when trying to setup port forwarding as must must first select the device to set it up. I am very disappointed with my Deco mesh wifi system to say the least.

I have a Deco M4 with the latest firmware. The same problem. We have the end of 2022, everything indicates that Tp-link does not intend to fix it by software. Iā€™m very disappointed.

I have a system built with 1 Deco M4 and 2 Deko E4. The M4 has 2 Gigabit ports. The first port is connected to the WAN from the ISP and the second port is plugged into a gigabit switch creating a local LAN network. A failure at the provider causes the wired network to stop working.

I could connect a wired network to one of the satellites, but the E4 model has 100mb / s ports. I think I will replace the devices and as the main Deco device I will set one of the E4 and I will give M4 as a satellite to which I will plug in a wired network. At the moment I have an internet connection of up to 50mb / s so there will be no bottleneck. In the future, I have to think about buying one M4 or changing the entire system. Since the manufacturer approaches the problem in this way, investing in TP-link devices seems stupid. Sad.

Please vote on this issue, maybe they will listen, though I doubt it WAN/LAN auto-sensing - Home Network Community

DId anyone get this to work without code?

Buheller, Buheller?

I must say that while great on paper the deco experience has been extremely frustrating, in my cas M9 plus. The configuration options are few and hard to reach, there are issues with JBL chromecast speakers on the deco network and now this. The next system will not be TP-Linkā€¦

Well, Gave up. Tplinc support basically said, good luck. There are no plans to keep lan up when wan is down. Dumped 6 pucks in wamart bag and purchased Netgear mesh system. Works perfectly.
Tp linc dumped us in the river.