TP-Link HS110 - restore old sensor entities

Hi all,

recently I realized that my HA stopped notifying me about the state of my laundry machine. After a while I figured out that the TP-Link integration has been changed.

I’m not really amused, but ok, I cannot change it. I might have missed it somewhere in the change logs, although I always try to read them carefully.

Now, fixing the notification is simple. But due to the fact that there is a new sensor entity, I’m losing the history my the energy consumption.

My old sensor entities were created like recommended:

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      tplink_1_amps:
        friendly_name_template: "{{ state_attr('switch.tplink_1','friendly_name') }} Current"
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('switch.tplink_1','current_a') | float }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "A"
      tplink_1_watts:
        friendly_name_template: "{{ state_attr('switch.tplink_1','friendly_name') }} Current Consumption"
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('switch.tplink_1','current_power_w') | float }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "W"

Now it looks like this:

Is there any way to use value_templates to revive my old entities? It would be nice to keep and extend the graph of my energy consumption.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Fridolin

Since the switch entity doesn’t have those attributes anymore that id not possible.

You can change the name of the comsumption entity to the previous name. But for how long are you saving the history of the energy of your laundry machine?

@dennis84de

Sorry for answering that late and thanks for your answer.

I’ll give that a try. I would like to keep the history, just because I’d like to keep track of how often I use my laundry machine and how much energy I spent here.

Thanks,
Fridolin