TP-Link KP200 Smart Outlet Support?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes…

I was given a TP-Link KP200 Smart outlet but see it is not supported. HA can see it but does not know how to control it, each plug is controlled separately. Does anyone know if this device is going to be added in the near future I don’t want to install it if it isn’t.

can the KP200 get a little love

I just ordered one. I sure hope someone can provide some help. Else I’ll be in the same boat. I just assumed it worked like the switches.

It is now supported.

1 Like

no it is not supported

TPlink supported devices

Trenton just because you are having an issue does not mean it isn’t supported. Most people including myself have it working perfectly. Did you open a ticket as I suggested so the developers could help clear up your issues?

yes I opened a ticket and if you could show me on that link of supported devices that shows the kp200 is supported that would be great

I have the kp400 and it works with ha except it controls both outlets at the same time instead of separately

It isn’t on the list it started working when the KP400 was added.

just because by some fluke it started working for you does not mean it is supported there is a on going issue with this since july and it is still broken https://github.com/GadgetReactor/pyHS100/issues/179

Could it be that a kp200 has the same internals as the kp400? You would think so.

Sound like it only supports both outlets as one. Will start testing when mine arrives later this week.

The 400 plugs in to an outlet for outside use and the 200 replaces the outlet… my guess is they are the same internals. This is what mine looks like on the integrations page… I renamed the entities to reflect the location but there are 2 individual outlets.

since you seem to have the only one working instead of just posting a screen shot of the switch how about helping out the rest of us and post the coding that that allows yours to work

Will since other peoples KP200 seems to working as it should I decided to do a full blown bare metal reinstall of my raspberry and home assistant I will try to add TP Link first and see if I can get them to work without any thing else in the way I will post back on results

Not sure of what coding you are talking about I didn’t code anything. All I did is add the TP-Link integration from the configuration screen and the system discovered my devices and did the rest.

well from a bare bones full clean install with version 103.5 it does not add the TP-Link from the configuration page as it cannot find any devices Kasa smart app finds them just fine and controls them proper

going to roll back to 101.x to see if it can discover them at that time

No joy in TPlink town it flat will not auto discover them will update to 103.5 on a new clean install and try to manually add tplink

That’s crazy… wonder if something in your network is blocking communication. I’m using an Intel NUC with Ubuntu and running Hassio in Docker. The NUC is using 5G Wifi but all the TP-Link components use 2.4G. Just to add some complexity I am running ASUS AiMesh with 2 nodes as well and things are spread all over the place. Even with this mess I never seem to have issues though.

only have one router its a asus rt-88u even disabled the 5g side trying to make this work as I stated the KASA app works with no issues though I am not using hassio just straight up Venv install of Home assistant on a raspberry 4 with touch screen not that should make any difference also both switches are within 6 ft of the router

exactly the same results had to manually add the TPlink and manually add the switches the HS200 works as it should the KP200 does not report its status only shows off position it does not show seperate switches in HA however works flawless in KASA app