Tradfri Dimmer - Smooth Dimming

Hey guys -

so I have a question that I need some help with… I am currently using Insteon across my house (for the most part successfully. ahem, fanlincs…). I am using it in part because of how well the devices integrate with one another for things like dimming. Now, I am branching out into the world of Zigbee and I have a few Ecosmart Zigbee bulbs and I picked up and some Tradfri Dimmers (the pucks that adjust on motion) - and I have connected it all back to Zigbee2mqtt -and things work OK… On/off work as expected and swivelling the puck sets it to whatever end value I stop on… but what I really want is smooth dimming. I.e. as I turn the puck, the light dims gradually (https://youtu.be/KsCFsdYiNFs?t=58). Does anyone know how to accomplish this? W/ Insteon, I would pair the 2 devices together and add 1 (or both) to the Hub… W/ Zigbee doesn’t seem that config would work as I think I can only pair to 1 device.

Or do I need the Ikea hub to accomplish this?

Thanks

I do not know the answer, but I do have the Tradfri hub and a bunch of bulbs. Dimming is meh on these devices. It won’t dim very smoothly like the philips hue bulbs do for example. Also at 1% brightness the tradfri bulbs are still pretty bright.

I use dim effects when watching a movie, but because 1% is still bright it will look a bit odd when it turns off as it looks like it gets cut off without dimming past the 1% brightness. The Hub makes no difference.

If you really look for a great dimmable bulb you’d probably be better off with the more expensive Philips bulbs.