Translating Home Assistant

![](upload://Al5zxeiloXuKUMNOVt44E8YpMzD.png) The Home Assistant sidebar in 12 different languages.

Translations

As mentioned in the 0.57 release notes, Home Assistant has launched a translated frontend. With the immediate influx of translations, we’ve made integration with a translation tool a top priority. @c727 took the initiative to evaluate several tools, and we’re happy to announce that Home Assistant will be partnering with Lokalise to manage our translations!

Lokalise allows us to open up translations for all of our multilingual users willing to contribute. Users can join the project using our public signup link, and start translating right away. We’ve created a translation startup guide with additional details about how to contribute. Instructions are provided there for how to request a new language.

Now that we have a system in place, expect a lot more of the interface to be translatable soon. We still have some technical hurdles to overcome, but the hardest work is behind us now. The community has already done an outstanding job of providing translations. The future is looking bright!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://home-assistant.io/blog/2017/11/05/frontend-translations/
1 Like

I would like to help translate the moon phases from the moon platform, but I can’t find them in the tool.

There are still untranslated sections in Dutch, but on Lokalize the Dutch Category is marked as fully translated.

I would love to translate also season sensor and binary workday sensor.

1 Like

I looked today and it says 76%

I have found the translation for the sun state

horizon

So it should be possible to add keys for other platforms.

Who should we contact about this? @armills ?

As the big note on the translation guide points out, this is still a WIP, and not all strings are translatable yet. We’re working on it but it just takes time.

Currently we don’t have any platform-specific translation strings available, but that infrastructure is almost complete, and should be ready in the next few days or so. Once that’s up we’ll be able to start adding keys for our platform-defined strings.

That would be cool.

As stated above, the sun state already is available. This probably is an exception?

Yeah, once that’s merged, we’ll be able to really improve the localization coverage.

Also yes, the sun is an exception because it has it’s own specific more info card with some strings hard-coded on the frontend.

You are right. Seems to change

Nice job.
//Tốt. Có tiếng Việt.