Translation Error: The intl string context variable "naam"

When trying to upgrade from core-2021.3.0 to core-2021.3.2 I am getting below error message. When I just click [ Update ] to continue it drops out with another error message, sorry I not have a screenshot. But somehow it seems the update is running just fine, as the Rpi does reboot after a while without further notice and then shows the new version in the Superviser. Second to that, in the Supervisor I notice similar missing translations.
Therefore IMHO it looks like a translation is broken here. Using a Dutch version btw.

And yes, we are from The Netherlands, we live in Holland and we speak Dutch.
Just to record the complete confusion here :rofl:

Same here in Belgium. Have it in quite a lot of places.

Iā€™m sure thereā€˜s a way to contribute to translation.

Same hereā€¦
Indeed in a lot of places got this errorā€¦

Just started with this home assistent and i love it.
Butā€¦ same translation problem here in this part of Holland :grin:

Same here, is there already a solution?

For now, I switched to English, which works fine for me

Solution for what problem, a missing translation?

Same here in Holland, no problem when i switch to English.

Also same problem here. Will switch to English for now

Same problem here. Hope for a solution soon.

Same hereā€¦

Same here,
I think someone on the backend of home assistant has forgotten to declare the variable ā€œnaamā€ or has translated the variable ā€œnameā€ on the backend instead of the frontend.

2 Likes

Same here, switched to English for the time being. Itā€™s annoying to see this error :wink:

1 Like

Same issue, seems like Dutch parameter ā€œnaamā€ is not completely working.

"Translation Error: The intl string context variable ā€œnaamā€ was not provided to the string ā€œBijwerken van {naam} naar versie {versie}ā€

1 Like

Same issue here.

I am new to the hassio community, so correct me if Iā€™m wrong. But shouldnā€™t we report the issue on the Supervisor issue tracker on Github??
As far as I understand the instructions on reporting a bug, this forum is more for asking help with config and not for reporting bugs.

Strange thing is, that it happens here as well with version core-2021.2.3.

You are right, luckily someone already reported this one :slight_smile:

This problem still exists:
ā€œTranslation Error: The intl string context variable ā€œnaamā€ was not provided to the string ā€œBack-up maken van {naam}ā€ā€

Does anyone know when the fix will be implemented?