Travel Times - Dynamically selected entity filter

I’m trying to create a card that displays various travel times based on ‘device_tracker’ to destination and be able to dynamically update the destination by selecting from a dropdown box.

Here’s an example:

I’m currently using the Waze integration to determine the travel times. I figured out how to dynamically change the travel times of the sensors created by the Waze integrations using a template and an input selector to update the address/gps coordinates. The input selection has 3 options: Home, School, and Work. The template looks like this:

- platform: template
    sensors:
      dest_address:
        value_template: >-
            {%- if is_state("input_select.destinations", "Home")  -%}
              123 Residential Drive, City, ST 11110, USA
            {%- elif is_state("input_select.destinations", "School")  -%}
              456 Education Road, City, ST 11111, USA
            {%- elif is_state("input_select.destinations", "Work")  -%}
              789 Business Street, City, ST 11112, USA
            {%- else -%}
              Unknown
            {%- endif %}

That creates a sensor called sensor.dest_address which can be used as the destination for the Waze integration and will be updated dynamically when the input selector is updated (you can use comma-separated lat/long coordinates instead of an address).

That all works pretty well, but the problem is that they are take too long to update after you change the input selection in the dropdown (I believe this has to do with the Waze integration polling interval and I haven’t figured out how to change it).

Anyway, I figured even though it’s more work, if I setup sensors with static destinations and then filtered them out dynamically in the card that would be faster and more up-to-date, but I can’t figure out how to get the filter to reference a sensor’s state. In this case, the destinations are school, home, and work, but have no way to reference the destination address sensor. Any ideas?