Trigger not comparing the attribute value correctly

I use a sensor.nordpool with attribute current_price in my triggers for running actions if above or below a certain value.

When I change the attribute value in dev.tools, the triggers work well. They compare the value to the actual set value correctly.

But when I force update the entity the comparison does not work - action triggers although the condition is not met. For instance - price is 0.10, condition is to trigger action if above 0.16, but action triggers nevertheless. How can this be? Can it be, that the value is text on update and this causes the problem and when I change it manually it is numeric? How can I test this?

platform: numeric_state
entity_id: sensor.nordpool_kwh_ee_eur_4_095_02
above: '0.16'
value_template: '{{ state_attr("sensor.nordpool_kwh_ee_eur_4_095_02", "current_price") }}'

I can use the attribute value for calculation, so it must be numeric…

this works:

{{ state_attr("sensor.nordpool_kwh_ee_eur_4_095_02",
    "current_price") +2 }}

to further elaborate on this. I can get the triggers to execute correctly when manually changing the attribute value in dev tools. But not automatically on entity update/attribute change.

I also have a trigger set to launch every X minutes to update the entity and then call service automation.trigger for the triggers comparing the price (skip conditions disabled).

Without the timed trigger and call service the triggers to not activate (just on entity update), I have to call them out. But then the compare does not work.

hell, I think I figured this out. Trigger does not want attribute as numeric state comparison. This works - I monitor state attribute and have a condition to compare above/below.

id: '1642249833340'
alias: test_kontroll_NV - OFF
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.nordpool_kwh_ee_eur_4_095_02
    attribute: current_price
condition:
  - condition: time
    after: '00:00'
    before: '23:59'
    weekday: