Trouble with Homekit integration

I apologize if this is a repeat question. I tried searching for this topic, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I have Home Assistant OS installed on a Linux VM and so far it works great. The one problem I have is with Homekit. Five devices show up detected as Homekit Controller devices. I want to add them to Home Assistant, but I do not own an iPhone or any other Apple device, so I don’t have access to the Apple Home app, as every set if instructions I found says I need in order to enable the devices. Is there another way to do this without an Apple device?

@michaelltaylor there are three main ways a HomeKit Accessory talks to HA: BLE, Thread, and TCP/IP. HA supports all three as of recent releases. If you are seeing the devices as discovered, you don’t need an Apple device (as far as I’m aware). You just need the pairing codes XXX-XX-XXX.

For background, Apple devices are currently needed to get BLE devices switched over to Thread but Nanoleaf (at least, there may be more) also has an Android app that can do it too.

One of the devices is my TCL Roku Television. I’ve searched the entire exterior of the television and gone through every on-screen menu item, but there is no pairing code. It’s that kind of case where I’ve seen people say you need the Apple Home app. I don’t know why the TV isn’t being detected by the Roku integration like my other players are.

Homekit-integration “Discover” lots of devices, i suggest you click “ignore this integration”, as it’s in HA default(meaning can’t uninstall it) … thou you need some kind of integration for your devices, depending of what “features” you need/want to control on these device.
Homekit-Controller is 1, which will auto-discover similar devices( and bunch of different brands ), but again if you need pairing code( normally sitting outside the Device 8 diggits note ( xxx-xx-xxx OR xxxx-xxxx ))
There are other “Default HA” integrations which auto-discover such as TV’s, either via wifi, or bluetooth, but with limited functionalaty.
So first you have to decide what you want to accomplice with the specific Device, then find an integration which have/might have these options
PS: i use homekit-controller, i don’t either have any apple-devices( and only android apps), but i have my Aqara-Hub(and it’s device integrated via homekit-controller. My TLC and Phillips TV i only have through HA, default “Google-Cast”, and tracker via “Asus-Router”
EDIT: Local-Tuya is another integration which also supports a bunch of different WIFI Devices/Brands
EDIT2: btw , saw you said you use ROKU-integration, so why not add it there manually ?

@michaelltaylor there are some hits on Google about what models support HK, trouble over the last year with TCL or Roku breaking everything, and how to get the pairing code. If your TV is a supported model, it is possible that you are seeing the same thing as many others: a TV firmware update broke it.