Trying to get info from my Ecoflow Delta Max battery

Hello,

i have a EcoFlow Delta Mini and successfully integrates it into Home Assistant and all my automations.
I used the HACS Repo Version 2 beta https://github.com/vwt12eh8/hassio-ecoflow/tree/ver2-beta and copy the Repo to the Custom Integration Folder and get all the Sensors and Switches working ok.

I have been able to add this repository as a HACS entry as described. However, it does not allow me to paste the version 2 beta URL, just keeps saying “this integration” is in the store! Can anyone help?

Yep, there is something obvious here that I don’t get, too.

I removed the Ecoflow Repo from HACS, copied/pasted the content of the downloaded ZIP file from the beta repo, restarted HA.
But nothing appeared in HACS (and its “Explorer and download repositories” button), in HA (and its “Add integration” button), and nothing in Devices of course.

Could you please point to me what am I missing, @apeschel ?

Hi all,

I just borrowed a Delta Max from a friend and the device is discovered but all readings are empty.

Is it possible to configure the AC-Charging rate with this integration ? Within the Ecoflow application you can set it from 200W - 2000W in 100W steps. I currently set it up as “UPS” for my Office and want to recharge it dynamic with Solar Power as buffer instead of wasting it to the energy supplier.

Mike

Hi,

I was facing same issue, I solved it now the following way.

• Install via HACS the Ecoflow “Main” repository
  • Download the Beta as Zip from Github
  • connect with a samba share from the PC with the downloaded ZIP
  • navigate to folder "custom_components/ecoflow "
  • copy / overwrite contend of the folder with the files from the extracted ZIP-Folder
  • reboot HA

This is how it was working for me and now the Delta Max is configurable for me.

Hope it helps

Mike

Thanks for the insights.

I did exactly the same yesterday but still the same issue.
The device is recognized but nothing is available, maybe some leftovers from the previous install with the stable release?

I have removed the git repo, all integrations and did a reboot, before reinstalling I also verified that the folder mentioned above is not existing and then started the installation to have a clean setup.

I’ve used the integration with my Delta Pro (UK unit) + 2 smart extra batteries and it works amazingly. I logged a bug which was UK specific about “AC charge speed” being limited to 1500W, even though the app supports 2900W for me.

The developer responded directly and had it fixed to allow 2900W (custom rate) charging within a couple of days.

Absolutely amazing integration that uses the local API of the unit - alas since it’s “private”, as the developer says, that could change at any moment if there’s a firmware update that alters the API.

Do I get this right. I can configure with how much Watt I load the battery and change this depending on how much my small “Balkonsolar” Photovoltaik produces too much?

Hi, yes you can create an automation to switch on the charging pending on you power consumption from the grid if you can measure it.

Here is my experience with a Delta Max I had borrowed from a friend and already returned.
Overall it was working fine.
For the Delta Max the min. charging rate it 200W can be adjusted in 100W steps.
If you are using it as UPS with 30W for you Router and TV Box the Box is using when fully charged 30W in a kind of bypass mode.
As soon as I had no solar power being produced I switched off the power input with a shelly plug the use the stored power.
As the Battery level drops over night and the sun is out in the morning with more than the currenty consumed power I enabled the input again but not the charging.
I’ve then enabled the charging when reaching the 300W solar level and disabled it when dropping below 200W.
I was struggling to dynamically adjust the charging power step by step pending on the total house consumption. Means when total consumption is below 50W step up the charging rate by 100W and lower it when the total consumption it reaching 200W and also disable the charging completely.

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

I guess it would also work like this with a Delta 2. If the use cases you are describing were not possible, I would not buy the Delta 2. It was hard to have a start of positive answer about it, thank you very much :smiley:! Did someone here can confirm I can use the Delta 2 like described by Mike for the Delta MAX?

I need to be able to “start the AC input, charge at a 200+x W level while feeding the AC output”, “stop the AC input while feeding the AC output from battery”, and “stop the charge (with a low battery), stop using the battery, while still being able to use the AC input to feed the AC output”. The better would be to be able to do this locally (without using the Ecoflow servers).

Please check the GitHub. With the latest update the ports were closed by Ecoflow. This is also the point why I didn’t buy the Delta2.
According to Ecoflow on Facebook they are also not reopening the ports.

There is also a team working on a new way to get the integration back working but as long as it is not done I stop all efforts in buying a Ecoflow product.

BR

Mike

3 Likes

Thank you, indeed there is quite a lot of info here on the project github, thanks. I will try to contact Ecoflow to tell them that I will not buy their products until they allow local control by a third party application. If a lot of people ask, maybe they will provide a reliable and stable service on that side.

BR

Jon

1 Like

Hi Jon,

you can try via the support and also on Facebook EcoFlow DELTA Series Official Group | Facebook . There are many complained about it and Ecoflow states that they closed the ports due to security which is always a valid argument.

BR
Mike

1 Like

Well that’s a shame, I was just about to bite the bullet on a new Solar Generator as my old one’s fan is dying and this would have definitely swayed me towards Ecoflow. Now they’ve potentially lost a sale!

Hey I don’t know if you intended for this to be used but I found the root of this integration and connected my EcoFlow Max. Thanks!

Thanks you for sharing the code. For Home Assistant 2023.1.4 I need to set output var first.

- name: EcoFlow Delta Pro - Friendly Remaining Time
        state: >
          {% set output = '' %}
          {% set time = state_attr('sensor.ecoflow_river_pro', 'remainTime') | int %}

Just got my brand new EcoFlow Delta 2. It has firmware V1.0.0.1 and V1.0.3.18 (Wi-Fi) and the app tells me this is the latest firmware.

It connects fine via wifi/app.

Integration does unfortunately not want to connect on the correct IP of the EcoFlow Delta 2.

I have read all the other issues on github & the home assistant forum and I see several potential issues ranging from API closure to firmware updates etc.

Any ideas what to do/test?

p.s. cloud version (GitHub - tolwi/hassio-ecoflow-cloud: EcoFlow Cloud Integration for Home Assistant) can be installed but also not getting data in.

2 Likes

@Tyfoon I just found out about that cloud integration.
It worked for me.
My device name and serial number were the same if that helps…

1 Like

I too am using the cloud integration (though i had to download it manually into my custom_components directory). It works well with the delta 2 so far. going to try to setup some charging automations and looking forward to having some data in grafana to plot energy usage, but also solar charging.