TTS in container on separate Pi

I have MaryTTS in a docker container on one Raspberry Pi 3B, and HA OS on another Pi 4. I would like to play the TTS notifications through the Pi 3B audio out to a receiver (Monoprice 6 zone receiver). Is there a good HA compatible media player I can install in a separate container on the 3B to accomplish this? It doesn’t look like VLC is compatible because it must be on the same host. I would also like to eventually play internet radio with the same media player to the Monoprice reciever.

I’d install the TTS on the Pi 4 and then Mopidy/MPD on the Pi3 and then send the TTS from the Pi4 to the Pi3 media player.

You’re the first person I’ve seen that has MaryTTS working on an RPi. I’ve tried a couple times to set it up on mine. Any idea if it actually works on an RPi with HASSOS? MaryTTS gets set up during startup, no errors in the logs. When I try to call the service I get this.

Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: [Errno 111] Connection refused

The local example server doesn’t work either. I’ve tried using the hass IP, localhost, and 127.0.0.1 in the config and none of them work.

I had MaryTTS running on a Pi as well, but running Home Assistant Container instead of Home Assistant OS.

I’m using this image: Docker

remember to include the port in the configuration file: port: 59125

It’s working in the container. I can use it in the Mary TTS web UI, but I have yet to hear it through HA.

Ok, and what does this have to do with mopidy/mpd?

Nothing. Sorry. Wrong reply. Was supposed to be to jazzyisj