Turn multiple devices (valves) off at the same time

I have 4 wave WaterCop valves in my home and they work great. I do have 1 issue that is annoying me and was wondering if anyone knew a fix for.

When I turn on/off the devices they shut off 1 at a time, and these valves takes about 2-3 seconds to shut on/off. So having 4 the last one won’t shut off until after like 10 seconds. Is there a way to call a command so ALL of them starts shutting on/off at the same time rather then in a specific order.

:pensive:

have you tried calling the valves in a list?

Off the cuff example:

service: homeassistant.turn_off
entities:
  - binary_switch.valve_1
  - binary_switch.valve_2
  - binary_switch.valve_3
  - binary_switch.valve_4

This is what I’ve tried so far:

1. a script:

rg_all_off:
alias: Turn Off ALL Valves
sequence:
# Turn off all valves
- service: switch.turn_off
data:
entity_id: switch.b1
data:
entity_id: switch.b2
data:
entity_id: switch.b3
data:
entity_id: switch.b4

1. putting them in a group and turning that group off

zone_b:
view: true
entities:
- switch.b1
- switch.b2
- switch.b3
- switch.b4

So do this:

rg_all_off:
alias: Turn Off ALL Valves
sequence:
# Turn off all valves
  entities:
    - switch.b1
    - switch.b2
    - switch.b3
    - switch.b4

Getting this error:
Invalid config for [script]: [entities] is an invalid option for [script]. Check: script->script->rg_all_on->sequence->0->entities

I removed the error by changing “entities” to “entity_id” but the script works the same, turning off 1 at a time, where they wait for one and other to complete.

Odd I can fire off multiple TTS events in sync this way, maybe switch.turn_off isn’t async’ed.
You might need to file a bug report on github regarding it.

EDIT: Try this service instead:

service: homeassistant.turn_off

I know this may sound odd, but make them into a scene and turn the scene off:

From what I’ve heard, this is the ‘fastest way’ for lights to react. I would assume it has the same affect for any devices.

What is the protocol of your switches? I have the similar occurrence with my irrigation control based on Sonoff 4CH Pro switches. Since normal usage is sequentially, I don’t mind or even notice the async actions. But when we winterize the system, I open the valves four at a time. Again I don’t see this as a problem that the valves don’t open at the same time, and they don’t close at the same time. But I am interested in cleaning up my code a bit.

I feel like this is some sort of Z-wave limitation. Maybe the Z-wave USB stick can only send 1 command at a time and with these valves it won’t fire the next event until the first one is finished.

The commands should complete sending within milliseconds.

So strange. It’s definitely synced with the device completing cause as soon as one stops the other one starts.

Maybe this will spark some ideas of what could be wrong. Seems like the hub is waiting for the completion report before continuing.

Binary Switch Command Class, Version 1
The Binary Switch Command Class is fully implemented. The Binary Switch Set Command causes the ball valve to close with value = 0xFF and causes the ball valve to open with value = 0x00. A Binary Switch Report will be sent upon completion of the open or close operation. The Water Valve will respond to a Binary Switch Get with a Binary Switch Report indicating the last known position of the ball valve (value = 0xFF indicates closed and 0x00 indicates open).