Tuya cover Stop action unavailable

347/5000

Hi,

I am new to Home Assistant and one of the first things I installed was the interaction with the Tuya devices. However, when I configure the blinds’ (cover) actions, I only have Open and Close as possibilities. Stop does not appear. Can someone help me understand what I can do to get access to the Stop action?

Thank you.

Welcome rspedro to the community :slight_smile:
I can’t find any open issues and looking at the source code, a stop action should be supported.
Anything interesting in the logs?

EDIT: Also, can you provide a screenshot of the state of the device? (Developer tools - State - select the cover)

In the meantime I was investigating and if, instead of using a device action, I use a call to a service Cover I have the stop available. I don’t know if that makes sense.
Regarding the logs I don’t think it has anything related, but it may be ignorance on my part.

States:
Entity: cover.72368604807d3a2acee0
State: unknown
Attributes:
friendly_name: Blind
supported_features: 11

Thanks

State: unknown

Hm… Seems like you’re not the only one with this problem: Tuya covers reporting unknow states since several weeks · Issue #30112 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
Does calling the cover.stop_cover service work while the cover is moving?

Depending on the model of the blind you might be able to replace the firmware with Tasmota/ESPhome if you wanted to. (What model are you using?)

Yes. If I use the cover.stop_cover works fine.

I have Teepao switches to control the blinds. Sorry for the question, but what do I gain in using Tasmota/ESPhome?

You’d no longer need their cloud service - instead it would connect to HA directly

I don’t have the skills to connect wires to the board and change the firmware.

As I said, it’s optional.
What version of Home-Assistant are you running?
If re-adding the device doesn’t work either, you could setup a template cover, which would circumvent that problem.

I have version 0.112.1.
Sorry for the question, but what is a template cover?

A template cover is a cover that you configure manually: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/cover.template/
So for the open,close and stop action you can call cover.close with your tuya entity_id:

# Example configuration.yaml entry
cover:
  - platform: template
    covers:
      tuya_cover: # You can rename this
        device_class: blind # specify the correct one (will change the icon)
        friendly_name: "My Tuya Cover" # Rename this
        value_template: "{{ states('cover.72368604807d3a2acee0') }}"
        open_cover:
          service: cover.open_cover
          data:
            entity_id: cover.72368604807d3a2acee0
        close_cover:
          service: cover.close_cover
          data:
        stop_cover:
          service: cover.stop_cover
          data:

You can customize it more if you wanted to, this config should deal with the missing stop button.
However since this is still a bug in Tuya, this might not be needed once it gets fixed.
You could comment on https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/30112 or open another issue in the frontend repo.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answers and for your patience. When looking for the cover template I found the time based cover that seemed great to hide the need for the stop. I’ll try to use it, although I’m not quite sure how. If I can’t, I’ll use your suggestion. Really, tinkering with the Home Assistant is a hobby in itself.