Tuya devices/entities gone missing

Ah wait i se you must go thru and try EVRY region then it works!

1 Like

But now i get this error when linking to home assitant.
http://img.pekay.me/VuWN5n

For me the solution was to de-authorize the Device Connection Service in my Tuya Cloud Project and re-authorizing it.

After that I reloaded the Integration by using the three dots on the integration card

1 Like

After scanning the qr code, I get an error in the mobile application " you cannot scan the qr code to add a device in another data center" and cannot link my account.

Changed the data center to western usa instead of east work for me !

1 Like

Holy Crap that was annoying… not sure what i did to get it to work but I did all the add and delete stuff from above and change regions. I also verified my cell number and email address in the account settings(this way I can get the IOT password… also changed the region from China to USA… when logging in the account in the app you need to use the username and email of the Tuya app account not the developer account info… I kept getting a user and password was denied.

I’m in the UK and the only way i managed to get this working was to select a data center in central Europe …

1 Like

Had this issue as well, no devices showing. I enabled all service API’s according to below:

And now its working

Interestingly, I don’t even see Device Connection Service anywhere. I can’t even subscribe to it:

Any pointers?

1 Like

I also couldn’t see Device Connection Service. Seems it is in or replaced by IoT Core. When I added IoT Core and reloaded the Tuya integration I got to see my devices again.

These are my subscriptions which got my Tuya integration to work again.

3 Likes

Trying to set this up tonight from Australia and think I found the problem, found this on Tuya IoT Platform page. There is no Australian server so guess I’m screwed unless I VPN.

Edit:- setting server to Central Europe worked

“Please note that data transfer across regions has a risk of violation of the data security regulations. If you request Tuya’s cloud services from an IP address outside the data center region, you are at risk of illegally transferring data. For example, using an IP address in the U.S.A. to access cloud services in China’s data centers will be regarded as data transfer across regions, and vice versa. Tuya will completely prohibit cross-region API calls and message subscriptions. Please deploy your cloud services properly to ensure data security.”

I had the same error: “you cannot scan the qr code to add a device in another data center”

Add all the data centers by going to:

Cloud>Development>Overview>Edit>Data Center

Then try to rescan the QR Code under:

Cloud>Development>Devices>Link Tuya App Account

Make sure you try each data center by using the drop down combo box in the TOP RIGHT

Then click “Add App Account” Scan the QR code until it works. For me in Australia I had to use central europe

Good luck!

1 Like

Strange, since the Wester Europe data centre is located in the Netherlands…
And you are able to request the device keys too ?

Yes everything works absolutely fine! I can see the device key in the portal as well.

Nope, already have 3 diff projects trying to troubleshoot this issue :frowning:

Thanks a lot for this pointer, I double checked mine and after adding Smart Home Scene Linkage I was able to see all my devices again :sweat_smile:

Also: I found this useful link for Tuya Datacenters around the world, according to your city

1 Like

thanks! really helpful!

any update on this? still not working for me

Is anyone else still having this problem? My Tuya integration deletes all my devices almost every day… I can reload the integration through home assistant and they all come back fine, except their names are all different, their IDs have a _1 after, and they have no icons. Really frustrating to re-setup 20 names, IDs, and icons every single day…

I can confirm my Tuya integration is working.