Two Hassios in the IOS App

I have my Hassio running at home. And I want to set up a “security” Hassio in my cabin up in the mountains.

Is it posible to have both locations in the app?

You should be able to setup 2 separate hassio’s using duck dns with different user names. HA1.duckdns.org:8123 and HA2.duckdns.org:8123. They would be separate tabs in the browser.

The different user would have different IP addresses.

If I use just the browser I could do that.

I was hoping for the IOS App would take more than one Hassio in Settings. And then be able to switch within the app.

I am using android phone and tablet to display a web interface using Chrome web browser.

I am not aware of an App that runs separate from the web page that is on the HA server, that is why you have to have a port on the router so that the phone to reach the HA server.

I may be wrong but don’t think so. While the information can be made available using the internet, the thing I like the best is that I don’t have to have the internet or cloud available to control items in my home locally.

AFAIK the app is needed for location detection and for notifications. If you can use workarounds for this features (e.g. use Owntracks for location with a common mqtt server, send notifications via mail or via pushbullet) just go to the web page with Safari and save the location as a desktop app, you won’t notice the difference. (See how here https://www.imobie.com/support/add-bookmark-to-iphone-home-screen.htm )

I appreciate the work around tips.

For all n00bs like me, who want it as streamlined and easy as possible, and keep uniform basic functionality and coding. The App able to toggle between more than one Hassio installation would be the best

Ill change this issue as a feature request for the App.

1 Like

+1 have a lab in the office - so would like the ability to toggle instances, but share my notification information to the respective HA installs. Otherwise i wont get notifications to the same phone

@jaburges Please vote on the top of page : )

1 Like

I Would love to have two or more home Assistant instances within my iOS app.
When entering the app I could choose between i.e cabin or home.