UK alarm, wired, exposes motion sensors

Hello, just reviving this thread. I notice that the Pyronix Euro 46 alarms do support an RS232 serial interface, which appears to be reasonably documented, and besides, there are quite a lot of technical manuals available from Pyronix on the circuit board pin outs. So I wonder if anyone has had any success in interfacing with Pyronix please? Such as using a Raspberry Pi to access RS232? Or connecting to the board electrically? I think the minimum functionality would be merely to detect alarms being triggered, and then able to arm/disarm.

Did you have any joy with this?

It has been working faultlessly for nearly two years.

Hello, just reviving this thread. I notice that the Pyronix Euro 46 alarms do support an RS232 serial interface, which appears to be reasonably documented, and besides, there are quite a lot of technical manuals available from Pyronix on the circuit board pin outs. So I wonder if anyone has had any success in interfacing with Pyronix please? Such as using a Raspberry Pi to access RS232? Or connecting to the board electrically? I think the minimum functionality would be merely to detect alarms being triggered, and then able to arm/disarm.

It is the Pyronix Euro 46 alarm that I have, the HomeControl app functionality is what I would effectively love to be able to bring into Home Assistant, not only can you set and unset the alarm but all the sensors around the house feedback to the app even when the alarm is not set.

I am considering @resoai 's solution but I do not think that gives me what I need.

Is connecting via https://www.pyronixcloud.com/ a solution?

Alarm companies give you access via Pyronix Cloud but you can pay Ā£30-ish per year to have access yourself. I donā€™t believe there is much you can do in Pyronix Cloud, it is not like they have an API. Even if someone would reverse-engeneer the app, there would be no way to keep it connected 100% of the time as they only allow a single client to be connected to it (you would not be able to use mobile app).

1 Like

Even if someone would make that happen, there might be an issue with the insurance.

Youā€™re probably right, but would you need to use the app if all the control was in home assistant?

Did you notice how long it takes to connect via app? Sometimes connection fails and you need to retry several times.

It would still be interesting to crack it :slight_smile:

Mine connects every time but it does take a while. Do you use the ā€œHome Controlā€ app, I believe there is a newer one but my installer told me to keep to the original one.

Iā€™m using both. At least HomeControl+ shows the stages of the progress (connecting, auth, getting data etc), you could use Hik-Connect or ProControl+ which is basically a fork of Hik-Connect which they started adopting some time ago.

1 Like

Still thinking about this, does anybody know if Konnected would be compatible with Pyronix? it is now available in the UK and it seems to have a decent HA integration.

It should be, all you are really doing is hooking to the very same contacts .

I just had another hacky idea with Pyronix: they do have battery powered wall panels which light up buttons with zones when respective ones are set. It should be fairly easy to throw in an ESP32 and solder to those LED contacts.

nice idea but no, nothing displays the zones. Iā€™m thinking Konnected or just replacing the Pyronix unit with something which is easier to integrate. The fact that I have barely left the hosue in 6 months I guess means itā€™s not that urgent!

Same here but we do have outside sensors and we are always seeing those and downstairs for the night.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just bought the Konnected alarm interface kit. If anybody is interested I can let you know how I get on with it (with help from my installer)

3 Likes

Looking forward to it!

So I promised to report back, and here it is!

The Konnected panel works pretty well. I can now set and unset my alarm from HA or node red and I can use all of the sensors in from my home alarm in home assistant. I have set up groups that have Sonoff motion sensors and Pyronix PIRs in the same group for example.

What I havenā€™t yet managed to get working is the status of the alarm as an entity, it would be nice to have an automation to unset the alarm (same signal for set and unset) if the alarm has not already be unset with a key fob.

Would I do anything differently?

I bought 2 interface kits as there were 24 zones in my pyronix alarm. In reality I do not need or want access to all of them so I could have done with one interface kit for half the price.

I got an engineer to help wire it, itā€™s actually not that tricky from what I have seen so maybe I should have done it myself.

All in all, Iā€™d recommend it.

2 Likes

Hello.
What about to use this:

And program all the outputs as we need and connect them to this:

Then via Node-Red using modbus and HA kits create entitys in HA to do with them what we need in HA?
Regards.