Unable to connect to GUI

I had to restart my ubuntu server today for an update, i run everything in docker containers and now homeassistant will not start with the following error in portainer

2019-12-19 17:27:41 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.esphome] Can't connect to ESPHome API for rftesting.local: Error resolving IP address: [Errno -3] Try again 2019-12-19 17:27:41 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.esphome] Trying to reconnect in 60 seconds

rftesting.local is a node long deleted in ESPhome and I thought homeassistant so as i can’t access home assistant I cant fix this any ideas?

So I see I could possibly delete the entity in the storage folder, but the files other than having the esphome prefix bare no relation to the name of the entity

I had the same problem since last night. My home assistant has failed to load now.

whats your error messages?

Can’t connect to ESPHome API for 192.168.1.220: Error connecting to (‘192.168.1.220’, 6053): [Errno 111] Connect call failed (‘192.168.1.220’, 6053)

have you updated to the latest home assistant build? using docker? i use watch tower which updated my home assistant instance to the latest build, not sure on version number yet, i’ve just rolled back to build 0.102.3 and all seems working for me

I think the watchtower automatically updated my HA last night since then I could not connect to HA so I don’t know what version I have right now. I’m going to roll back to previous version.

hope it fixes your issue too, i’m assuming a bug in the esphome component, although my nodes all needed updating as well, which i’ve now done that may or may not be part of the problem.

Just rolled back to 0.103.0 and It’s working fine now. I still have esphome issues so I guess it wasn’t that.

HA 0.103.1 was and is broken.

0.103.2 fixes it.

1 Like